• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • P-Shooter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Well here it is. Last year I bought a Universal Enforcer carbine at an auction. Didn't know much about it, I had searched the night before and didn't go deep enough or else I would've passed. I realize that this is classified as a pistol but figured the internals are the same as the other (later) Universal carbines hence the posting in the Long Guns forum. I am now aware of the many problems this weapon has, and mine is no different, although nothing catastrophic has occurred so far. The bolt face is intact and free of cracks or chips, and the main issue with my first firing was that the one mag it came with would only feed about 5 rounds before jamming. I ordered a couple new mags, and then the problem got worse. Now it's not extracting at all, so I figured it needs a new extractor. I know Numrich is pretty much the only place that has parts, and plan on replacing a few internals but I don't want to track down a bolt tool so I figured a gunsmith would be more prudent and would let me know if there are more problems than I have found. I'm not going to pass on a problem gun to an unsuspecting buyer, but am also not going to pour cash into a lost cause. If all else fails, it'll end up on the wall in my den as a curiosity. So, can anybody recommend a gunsmith in Marion County that might have more experience with these guns than another? Or should I just take it to Gander Mtn and hope for the best?

Top Bottom