• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Require any and all devotees of recreational chemistry to wear a Ganja-Alert bracelet. it's like a Medic-Alert bracelet, only instead of a red cross, it's a green marijuana leaf. This would include alcoholics and drunk drivers. If first responders are called out and find the victim with one of those, they get triaged to the end of the line, if at all, and no public funds can ever be used for their care, and there's no legal requirement for any hospital to care for them. Anyone caught up in the justice system for drug offenses would be issued one and from that date, if they are ever caught without it on their person, they get locked up, no questions asked. Wanna get rid of it? Weekly, randomly timed blood tests that last for a year. First time you fail it, you have to wear the bracelet for a year before you can apply for relief again. Try and fail again, you have to wear it for 5 years before you can apply for relief again. Fail a third time, 20 years. Fail a fourth time, 50 years.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Require any and all devotees of recreational chemistry to wear a Ganja-Alert bracelet. it's like a Medic-Alert bracelet, only instead of a red cross, it's a green marijuana leaf. This would include alcoholics and drunk drivers. If first responders are called out and find the victim with one of those, they get triaged to the end of the line, if at all, and no public funds can ever be used for their care, and there's no legal requirement for any hospital to care for them. Anyone caught up in the justice system for drug offenses would be issued one and from that date, if they are ever caught without it on their person, they get locked up, no questions asked. Wanna get rid of it? Weekly, randomly timed blood tests that last for a year. First time you fail it, you have to wear the bracelet for a year before you can apply for relief again. Try and fail again, you have to wear it for 5 years before you can apply for relief again. Fail a third time, 20 years. Fail a fourth time, 50 years.

Not just alcoholics, but all alcohol users! If you enjoy a beer every now and then, then back of the line!!

prescut

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    United States
    Give it up Bubba Effect,
    These guys made up their mind about pot 50 years ago when they watched Reefer Madness. These shooters believe in the bill of rights, freedom, and personal liberty only as long as it's their way. Hypocrits. Besides it's always a great way to police groups you don't like: beatniks, blacks, hippies, liberals. Who cares if alcohol is worse, it's their drug and they like it. It's not pot that's bad, it's the people who use it.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Give it up Bubba Effect,
    These guys made up their mind about pot 50 years ago when they watched Reefer Madness. These shooters believe in the bill of rights, freedom, and personal liberty only as long as it's their way. Hypocrits. Besides it's always a great way to police groups you don't like: beatniks, blacks, hippies, liberals. Who cares if alcohol is worse, it's their drug and they like it. It's not pot that's bad, it's the people who use it.

As usual, MG is talking out of his hat. You have to take 100-1000 times the amount that gets you high to qualify as an "overdose". That means 100 joints, at a least. That's a ****load of weed. Even then the OD would consist of, possibly, hallucinations and vomiting. Not death.

Can You Overdose On Marijuana? - TruthOnPot.com
    Can you really overdose on weed?

Woah guys, I'm not trying to argue for marijuana. I'm arguing against alcohol use. It is poison, it causes birth defects and it is just an awful drug.

As to MRJ's link, that looks like a pro-marijuana website. It is hardly what we could call an impartial source.
    Give Modern Gunner a chance to reply. I am truly and honestly curious to see what a marijuana overdose looks like and how it is accomplished. They are doing some weird things with Cannabis these days. While I am almost positive that a person cannot overdose on the unprocessed plant, it might be possible to ingest enough cannabis oil or something like that to really hurt a person. Like I said, I want to hear MG's account.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Woah guys, I'm not trying to argue for marijuana. I'm arguing against alcohol use. It is poison, it causes birth defects and it is just an awful drug.

As to MRJ's link, that looks like a pro-marijuana website. It is hardly what we could call an impartial source.
    Give Modern Gunner a chance to reply. I am truly and honestly curious to see what a marijuana overdose looks like and how it is accomplished. They are doing some weird things with Cannabis these days. While I am almost positive that a person cannot overdose on the unprocessed plant, it might be possible to ingest enough cannabis oil or something like that to really hurt a person. Like I said, I want to hear MG's account.

Only one of the two links is a "pro-marijuana" site. The other is a news site. The pro site has links to academic studies on the subject. You'll never see that from MG. As for alcohol. It is undeniable that it causes damage and death. But, it shouldn't be illegal (again).
    Comparison of acute oral toxicity of cannabinoids in rats, dogs and monkeys

Or, if you're into it, you could go to the DEA, where they admit no deaths from overdose have ever occurred.
    http://www.dea.gov/druginfo/drug_data_sheets/Marijuana.pdf

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Only one of the two links is a "pro-marijuana" site. The other is a news site. The pro site has links to academic studies on the subject. You'll never see that from MG. As for alcohol. It is undeniable that it causes damage and death. But, it shouldn't be illegal (again).
    Comparison of acute oral toxicity of cannabinoids in rats, dogs and monkeys

Or, if you're into it, you could go to the DEA, where they admit no deaths from overdose have ever occurred.
    http://www.dea.gov/druginfo/drug_data_sheets/Marijuana.pdf

I don't think Alcohol should be illegal, but I think it is a good idea to not make society pay for the direct results of people's recreational chemical use. Alcohol takes a tremendous cost from our society. Between lost productivity, property damage and medical costs (not to mention the impact on the legal system), Alcohol is a real drain on our society. The small batch craft brewed hipster beer is just as bad as the mad dog. If we want to start making people take responsibility for their actions, let's start with booze.

Like Cathy In Blue and Frank suggested, if you drink booze, you get a bracelet and go to the back of the line for health care. Let's focus on helping the people who are not poisoning their bodies before the chugalugs!

As far as Marijuana overdose, Modern Gunner knows what he's talking about, how about we let him show us?

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Give it up Bubba Effect,

I wasn't alive 50 years ago.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Looks like they've got themselves a building for their church and they'll hold their first service on July 1st. Wonder if IMPD will send infiltrators? Or just surround the building? Guess a church building would make a great asset seizure for them. Real estate's always a hot commodity.

Indy's Cannabis Church finds a home

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    If Heroin is legalized there should be a stipulation that public safety entities won't respond to overdoses resulting from voluntary use.

THIS!

Legalize everything and then say, "You're on your own if you OD" -- I'm all in. Those who can't handle it won't be around long. Thin the herd, baby!

p.s. Who is going to start the First Church of the Holy Full-Auto AK?

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    If Heroin is legalized there should be a stipulation that public safety entities won't respond to overdoses resulting from voluntary use.

If that is your position, then you clearly favor that public service entities should stop responding to alcohol intox/OD cases! How about morbidly obese who have heart attacks (they knew they were fat, but chose to continue unhealthy eating)? No transporting of someone in respiratory failure who was a previous smoker?

Of course, simply requiring a heroin user to own and have handy a Narcan kit would go a long way to preventing ODs (IN just passed a bil making such kits available to many more first responders).

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Looks like they've got themselves a building for their church and they'll hold their first service on July 1st. Wonder if IMPD will send infiltrators? Or just surround the building? Guess a church building would make a great asset seizure for them. Real estate's always a hot commodity.

Indy's Cannabis Church finds a home

Will you be blogging live during the "service"?

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    If that is your position, then you clearly favor that public service entities should stop responding to alcohol intox/OD cases! How about morbidly obese who have heart attacks (they knew they were fat, but chose to continue unhealthy eating)? No transporting of someone in respiratory failure who was a previous smoker?

Of course, simply requiring a heroin user to own and have handy a Narcan kit would go a long way to preventing ODs (IN just passed a bil making such kits available to many more first responders).

Do you have much experience with Narcan? It isn't a magic cure-all. And how does one who has OD'd administer it to themselves? Will there be a requirement for users to have a "shooting buddy"?

And to answer your other question: none of those life choices are illegal. I'm all for the "Nanny State" being less of a nanny and letting people live with the consequences of their actions.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    And to answer your other question: none of those life choices are illegal. I'm all for the "Nanny State" being less of a nanny and letting people live with the consequences of their actions.

To be fair, you did begin this line of questioning by saying "If Heroin is legalized..."

Top Bottom