• ...and so much more!
  • Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    DNR has clearly stated this is their position. Mistake or not it is currently the law. Ignorance would not be an excuse. Would any judge take it up? I have heard from a coworker of lesser things DNR related being taken up. Even with an expensive lawyer looking over the rules and thinks he/she has a plan I would be very leary of being a test case. Even if you did win I'd wager there would be a danger ranger always on the look out for you waiting to pounce for the slightest infraction. Just not worth the trouble or expense. Choose your battles wisely and work to change the law.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    DNR has clearly stated this is their position. Mistake or not it is currently the law. Ignorance would not be an excuse. Would any judge take it up? I have heard from a coworker of lesser things DNR related being taken up. Even with an expensive lawyer looking over the rules and thinks he/she has a plan I would be very leary of being a test case. Even if you did win I'd wager there would be a danger ranger always on the look out for you waiting to pounce for the slightest infraction. Just not worth the trouble or expense. Choose your battles wisely and work to change the law.

Vote out the incompetence that clearly inserted the text in the original draft way back in February. Looks somewhat intentional at this point. :twocents:

Its kind of like the SHARE act and now tax reform... Not much confidence in our elected officials to do what the tax payers sent them to do. Time to vote with your votes.

:ingo:

lazarus0213

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   1
    Jan 29, 2010
    Eden
    I wouldnt push it. I was found and harsassed by a CO on my own property with my coyote rifle , he said I was hunting deer over bait. Was not. I just plead guilty and let them feel like they won, paid the fee and fine and moved on. They have way to much power and a seemingly endless reach to invade and tresspass if they want to.

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfied,In
    IT IS A DONE DEAL!
    Mike Crider shared a link.
    4 mins
    PCR rifles will be allowed on public land under an emergency rule just passed by DNR.
    DNR News
    Division of Fish & Wildlife
    Indiana Department of Natural Resources
    402 W. Washington St.
    Indianapolis, IN 46204-2748
    For immediate release: Nov. 3, 2017
    DNR emergency rule for 2017 deer hunting season
    An emergency rule signed today by the DNR, filed with the Natural Resources Commission and the Legislative Services Agency, states the following:
    “Rifle cartridges that were allowed in previous years on public land for deer hunting are allowed on public land again this year during the deer firearms season, the reduction zone season (in zones where local ordinances allow the use of a firearm), special hunts on other public lands such as State Parks and National Wildlife Refuges, and special antlerless season.
    This means that the rifle cartridge must fire a bullet of .357-inch diameter or larger, have a minimum case length of 1.16 inches, and have a maximum case length of 1.8 inches if used on public land. Full metal jacketed bullets are illegal.”
    For more information on rifle requirements for deer hunting on private land, visit wildlife.IN.gov/7389.htm and click on “Equipment.”
    For up to date information on waterfowl seasons, visit: wildlife.IN.gov/3569.htm

To view all DNR news releases, please see dnr.IN.gov.
    -30-
    Media contact: Marty Benson, assistant director, DNR Division of Communications,
    (317) 233-3853.

Last edited:

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    In legible color

“Rifle cartridges that were allowed in previous years on public land for deer hunting are allowed on public land again this year during the deer firearms season, the reduction zone season (in zones where local ordinances allow the use of a firearm), special hunts on other public lands such as State Parks and National Wildlife Refuges, and special antlerless season.
    This means that the rifle cartridge must fire a bullet of .357-inch diameter or larger, have a minimum case length of 1.16 inches, and have a maximum case length of 1.8 inches if used on public land. Full metal jacketed bullets are illegal.”

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    I think we owe proper due to the DNR for taking this action.

NONSENSE..................................................................................................

This stupidity just shows how SLOW our Elected Lawmakers and

Appointed IDNR professional and technical officials have FAILED.................. TO REPRESENT THE INTERESTS OF

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ALL hoosier hunters to use the same equipment>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

regardless of the land being public federal lands......................

public state owned lands.............................................

or private ground.

All resident hunters in indiana pay the SAME FEES FOR licenses to hunt.............................

Too late..............................I burned my licenses to hunt & fish in Indiana and will not buy another until such time as IDNR shows they <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<******,,<<<<<<<<

GET IT...........................

Yea, idnr should get their proper due????????????????????????????????????

given all big raises and pat them on the back>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I say.....................

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    I just got an email from DNR saying this issue has been resolved.

NONSENSE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It's not resolved until All indiana deer hunters can use the same equipment.................................................rifles.......................

the fix was only for the stupid cartridges that fit in pistols & revolvers for hunters that hunt on Public lands in the state of indiana//////////////////////

It would have been fixed if they allowed rifles on public and private lands for indiana deer hunters////////////////////////////////////////

Certainly not the time to celebrate the idnr or their announcement that takes us back to the times started 10 years ago or so............................

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Surprised it took so long after the new top dog took over the office.

Emergency ruling trumps law and someone here said it would not happen. Interpretation of law is always a grey area. This is the reason there are lawyers.

Surprised it has not hit the news harder.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    I think we owe proper due to the DNR for taking this action.

Agreed. A glimmer of common sense was able to shine.

We received the email on the way home around 5 while we were discussing this very issue.

Lets make sure the text drafts that start in the legislative process wording is correct from the start next year.

:ingo:

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    NONSENSE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It's not resolved until All indiana deer hunters can use the same equipment.................................................rifles.......................

the fix was only for the stupid cartridges that fit in pistols & revolvers for hunters that hunt on Public lands in the state of indiana//////////////////////

It would have been fixed if they allowed rifles on public and private lands for indiana deer hunters////////////////////////////////////////

Certainly not the time to celebrate the idnr or their announcement that takes us back to the times started 10 years ago or so............................

I can understand the differences between public and private land. I've only hunted public land my entire life and I'm an old fart. Can't count the times I have had bullets whizzing around me because some jerk though he was the only one around. If everyone took carefull shot selection then yeah but it ain't gonna happen. No different than the newer rules at public ranges caused by trigger happy goofballs. Rules are reactionary.

Top Bottom