• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    common sense.................................................eliminate the word ........................................................private.........................................

that's the fix,

for hunters that want to make a difference*********************************************************************************************************,

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    You really think it's shot selection????????????????///....................................

that makes private ground the ONLY ground that should be allowed.............................................................rifles........................................................?

what a big hill to climb to get this to all deer hunters************************,,

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Yes, shot selection. I don't mean shot selection in the sense of how the animal is positioned but what you are shooting AT AND WHAT COULD POTENTIALLY BE BEYOND. I've seen waaay tooo many folks empty a mag, tube, clip, whatever you want to call it, at anything that showed movement without really knowing what the target was or what was behind it. Shoot, I thought I seen a deer once only to realize it was a coyote after carefull observation. It is now a complete tanned hide on my wall. So yes*** careful shot selection in the manner of knowing one's target and what is beyond. Even though high powered rifles aren't allowed on public land I still do not hunt anymore due to the crazy *******s. Now let's talk about why the amount of hunters is decreasing. It is already becoming like England where only the wealthy hunt due to owning or the money to pay to hunt land unfortunately.

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Now let's look at those who hunt public land. They most likely come from urban areas. When they get out to "the booneys" they are like college kids away from mom and dad. "WHOOO HOOO, we can do whatever the F we want".

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    NONSENSE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It's not resolved until All indiana deer hunters can use the same equipment.................................................rifles.......................

the fix was only for the stupid cartridges that fit in pistols & revolvers for hunters that hunt on Public lands in the state of indiana//////////////////////

It would have been fixed if they allowed rifles on public and private lands for indiana deer hunters////////////////////////////////////////

Certainly not the time to celebrate the idnr or their announcement that takes us back to the times started 10 years ago or so............................

You're in the wrong thread still... the thread you are seeking is somewhere else. If you can't find it, start your own rant thread about how terrible the DNR is mistreating you and your kin.

That being said, I know INGO is home to some "real winners", but among them, you stand out enough to earn your way onto my ignore list. My ignore list has gone from 1, to 2. Ranting and crying like a kid doesn't get your way. Sound reasoning targeted to the RIGHT PEOPLE, is how you get what you want... I'm tired of your poorly reasoned rants based upon things that you clearly don't even understand...

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    Ooops! cb thinks this thread is for those that praise the idnr for something???????????? and him////////????????????????????????

Some can either lead.....................follow ....................................or ...............................get out of the way

idnr does not deserve any compliments for correcting an error that should never have occurred>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

or you need 8k + to post your thoughts on this fix??????????????????/

what a joke }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} LOL }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{

Last edited:

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Not sure it was the DNR who made a mistake but dem fancy schmancy type lawmakers. DNR can be jerks too. ie, Took a shot before dusk. Didn't know if I made a hit or not. Took muzzle loader back to truck unloaded. Went to look for blood with a flashlight. Come back to truck to find DNR thinking I was poaching after dark. Told him I was making sure not to leave a dead animal. He asked to see my gun. Opened the truck and showed him the Encore muzzle loader with a used primer and unloaded. Couldn't find which pocket my sign in card was so he followed me to the check station and told him what number I thought I was. I was correct and he seen my name. I was leaving and found my original card. He was an ass the hole time but I knew I was in the right. Treated me as guilty the whole time. I think it started because I walked upon a guy in a tree stand while looking for blood in the last few minutes of light and that other hunter complained. SO, was it the DNR being jerks or the other hunter *****ing about 5 minutes of shooting time?

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    Whether it was the DNR's fault or not is a moot point. They fixed the mistake and the end result is many people who wanted to hunt with PCR's can now do so. I give the DNR credit for making things right.

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    Too late..............................I burned my licenses to hunt & fish in Indiana and will not buy another until such time as IDNR shows they <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<******,,<<<<<<<<

GET IT...........................

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<do you plan on teaching your??????kids??????how to lay down on the ground and slap their hands on the floor-------//////////////-///////////

and kick their feet to get what they want?????????????????????????????

/////////////////cause they\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\won't get very far doing so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a thought .........................................idk

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Ooops! cb thinks this thread is for those that praise the idnr for something???????????? and him////////????????????????????????

Some can either lead.....................follow ....................................or ...............................get out of the way

idnr does not deserve any compliments for correcting an error that should never have occurred>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

what a joke }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} LOL }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{

Chill pill prescribed. Only person who cares when you're mad. . . is you. All the extraneous characters make me wish you'd settle down. You've long since become irrelevant in the discussion.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    The "issue" is only temporarily solved. The same folks that gave us this fiasco will be trying to make it right the next time. Whats the odds?

I know of one senator that knows guns and hunting and he told me he would be riding herd on this next go around. He said the sunset clause is still there but he and I agreed that HPRs aren't going away.

BTW - Ignore the troll...just skip over his posts.. I do..

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Does this rule also allow more than 10 rounds for the PCRs?[/QUOT

It is my understanding that they are reverting back to the PCR rules for public lands to what was in force last year.
    So, yes, it is my opinion that you can carry all the .44mag, .357mag, .45Colt... you want.

I am not a lawyer. I don't work for the DNR. I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night.
    I don't even hunt public land.
    My advice is free, and worth every dime.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Does this rule also allow more than 10 rounds for the PCRs?

Depends on what the C/O thinks is the law. Some were enforcing the 10 rounds for the PCR's last year. So I wouldn't, but if you want a better feel for what your C/O is going to think add your area dnr to facebook and message them. Believe it or not this is the fastest way to get a response, and it is in type that you can pull up if something comes into question.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    Depends on what the C/O thinks is the law. Some were enforcing the 10 rounds for the PCR's last year. So I wouldn't, but if you want a better feel for what your C/O is going to think add your area dnr to facebook and message them. Believe it or not this is the fastest way to get a response, and it is in type that you can pull up if something comes into question.

I've seen in the past where a couple of the District DNRs posted false information on their page.. An example was a District was asked about picking up an dead head or a road kill and keeping the antlers. They said t was OK and no permit was needed. That was totally false and after some hullabaloo they back tracked saying that a permit is needed to possess a dead head set of antlers.

10 rounds was never in the PCR regulations...

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.

((((((((((((((((((([[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[WHAT???????????????????????????///////////////////////////...................................

Don

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At my Hermitage
    I've really considered the option to place users on my now 0 ignore list then thought... Why... This is an open forum for all to see... It really gives one insight into their thinking, personality, politics, etc. Why ignore them when they lay-it-out for all to see... You may not agree and find some of their comments offensive but were all adults. If you have to rant and rave on an open forum instead of placing your energy and emotions to fixing the problem then that is your choice.

But the fact is, it appears that some people had the stones and courage to get together to fix this. As simple as it sounds it is impressive because the easy-lazy-.gov way out was 'sorry, wait until next year'.

Now its upon the voting-hunting public to watch this process EVERY step of the way next year.

If ANYONE saw the first version of the draft legislation WAY back in February it was all right there to see in a single sentence.

Its incumbent upon US to keep an eye on the process.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. No fool me thrice.

Just my :twocents:.

:ingo:

gundawg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2016
    Cedar Lake
    "But the fact is, it appears that some people had the stones and courage to get together to fix this. As simple as it sounds it is impressive because the easy-lazy-.gov way out was 'sorry, wait until next year'."

I'm curious to know how this went down.

I suspect our numbskull legislators were barraged with angry calls and emails (I made a couple of pithy calls myself), to the point they begged the governor to save them. The governor could certainly order the DNR to simply not enforce the new law as written and make an announcement to that effect.

Pure speculation on my part. But I would like to know what happened.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At my Hermitage
    "But the fact is, it appears that some people had the stones and courage to get together to fix this. As simple as it sounds it is impressive because the easy-lazy-.gov way out was 'sorry, wait until next year'."

I'm curious to know how this went down.

I suspect our numbskull legislators were barraged with angry calls and emails (I made a couple of pithy calls myself), to the point they begged the governor to save them. The governor could certainly order the DNR to simply not enforce the new law as written and make an announcement to that effect.

Pure speculation on my part. But I would like to know what happened.

Wouldn't you have love to been a 'fly on the wall' and heard it go down...

Top Bottom