• ...and so much more!
  • DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Allen is my go to 1911 guy. These threads show why. Attention to detail is Allen's OCD kicking in! With those parts, you are in for a treat when you pull the trigger for the first time. That's going to be one sweet 1911.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Allen is my go to 1911 guy. These threads show why. Attention to detail is Allen's OCD kicking in! With those parts, you are in for a treat when you pull the trigger for the first time. That's going to be one sweet 1911.

This is the second 1911 that Allen has worked on for me. The first one, also a Kimber, looked and performed better than new when I got it back. It's my most carried piece.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I can't really judge unless I feel it, not as familiar with it as you are. Is 3 lbs super light?

Its not "super light" but it is too light for a carry gun. 4.5lbs is what I plan on setting it at. Much more practile and safer.
    It's one of those things that just because you can doesnt mean you should.

Last edited:

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    here are a couple more pics.

Fit the Thumb Safety and the MSH some more. had to remove material to clearance the grip safety.
    This Wilson thumb Safety that has the locking hammer pinon on it is by far one of the best Ambi safeties out there. expensive though

Everything if fit and functioning. Still have a bit of polishing to make the finish on all the new parts match

Moving to the top end. Remaining parts to fit

There's a heavey duty extractor.

New vs old

So So ability to measure inside channel. .482 is a snug fit though on the stop plate

still have to contour bottom of stop

Now, back to cars

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    final pics.
    looks like I'll get the pleasure of ringing this gun out today. Mark was kind enough to include 100 rounds of quality ammo when he dropped the gun off:rockwoot:
    I really like the grips on this gun the color goes perfect with the finish on the gun.

Apart one last time for polishing and cleaning.

Re Texture the magwell

Polished up the parts

De Crud everything

Set trigger pull

Lube and assenble

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Thanks Mark, I appreciate that. i will try to snag some target pictures :)

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Test fired it Yesterday. 100 rounds Federal Hydra shock ammo zero malfunctions. Did 50 rounds at 20 yards unsupported. I thought the grouping was good considering me and that it was SD ammo.
    Here is the first 50 rounds.

(phone pics)

I had another 50 so I moved it out to 25 yards and put the entire box into the upper left target. Can kinda see me slipping here :) but the gun is dead accurate.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Pics are very much enjoyed Allen and the work, as always, top notch.. Thanks for sharing.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] –[/FONT] Certified Glock armorer

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Allen, glad to hear it ran like a champ and looking forward to picking it up this coming Saturday. I spent most of yesterday at the range with my wife and another couple. Went through about 100 rounds of 45acp as well as shooting some .38 special, .357, .308 and .300 win mag. Looks like between you and the range day yesterday I need to order some more .45. :) :ar15:

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    So when will A.M. Machining begin building their own 1911s?Seems like Wilson Combat,Kimber,and even Ed Brown have nothing on you.

I dodn't see that happening....unless you have a couple hundred thousand to invest :)

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    You could do something along the lines of giving people a shopping list and then they send the basket of parts your way.That way you're not technically manufacturing the firearm but rather checking it in for repair/modification.

That's pretty much how this project went. I had an idea of the parts I wanted to change out. Allen helped me narrow down which ones to get from which manufacturer. All of the parts I ordered were from two manufacturers, Wilson Combat and EGW (Evolution Gun Works).

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    That's also how my Colt build went. Allen and I picked the parts, placed the order and a few weeks later, picked up my completed awesome, shiny Colt.

Top Bottom