• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    It's the closest thing I could find in the IC related to the definition of school without carefully combing all INGO posts.
    Reminder: IANAL :twocents:

Thanks a million Boring2U. I certainly am NOT a lawyer, either. That's WHY I'm looking for something definitive, NOT 'opinion'. Because I'm playing 'devil's advocate' here and looking for whatever it is that covers OUR butts.

However, this (relevant parts in bold):

IC 20-26-5-1appears to indicate they're schools, by definition, and IC 20-26-5-31 would appear to indicate that just by the very fact that IUPUI has a Police Dept. with the same authority as the PD of a municipality tends to indicate they are a 'school corporation'.

However, in our 'defense', School Law & Legal Definition indicates that colleges and universities are NOT, typically, defined as 'schools'. So, that's a help, though NOT definitive.

But ya KNOW that the anti-gun whackjobs are gonna, certainly, call 'em 'schools', 'cause it works for their agenda. So, IMO, we need something with which to fight back!

If anyone has anything further that definitely works in our favor EXCEPT 'prove they're not', please feel free to add or PM me, 'cause I'm sure looking! :yesway:

asipes

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    Central Indiana
    Just suggestion, not assigning homework, but if we ask the media to investigate (television, radio, Star, etc.) this debacle to investigate we'll have some muscle on our side.

I agree. Only problem is I think you'll have a hard time finding a news organization who cares to investigate it. I think most of the media outlets feel like the several hour "lockdown" (that wasn't much of a lockdown) worked (or would work in an active shooter scenario).

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I agree. Only problem is I think you'll have a hard time finding a news organization who cares to investigate it. I think most of the media outlets feel like the several hour "lockdown" (that wasn't much of a lockdown) worked (or would work in an active shooter scenario).

Exactly to the admin and media this debacle and waste of time was a success, whether it was necessary or not is secondary.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I agree. Only problem is I think you'll have a hard time finding a news organization who cares to investigate it.

Check your fire! And, check WTHR's facebook page.

WTHR responded to my inquiries and advised that Channel 13 will have an additional report at 5PM today.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    WIBC news, at 2:00 said anyone seeing anything that makes them UNcomfortable, it should be reported.....

All reports will be treated with extra hugs and coddling.

Seriously, someone step up and set a date for an OC event on campus. Worst they can do is ask us to leave.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    All reports will be treated with extra hugs and coddling.

Seriously, someone step up and set a date for an OC event on campus. Worst they can do is ask us to leave.
    Our empty holster protest will begin April 8th :D

With all the people commenting everywhere that think carrying long gun is illegal, perhaps they should be shown the difference between illegal and legal

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Our empty holster protest will begin April 8th :D

With all the people commenting everywhere that think carrying long gun is illegal, perhaps they should be shown the difference between illegal and legal

Why empty holster? Planned to bring an AR-15 and an OC handgun or two... Or is this more of a "longer presence on campus is better" sort of situation?

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    On WIBC they said the MWAG call was from a band *** who saw an instrument case in someone's trunk, and looked closer to check it out, and saw a shotgun inside it. So the gun--if it was a gun--never left the trunk. It very well may have been paintball gear.

This is hysteria. Wasn't this story on the national news? People are just waiting, almost hoping, for a shooting.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Why empty holster? Planned to bring an AR-15 and an OC handgun or two... Or is this more of a "longer presence on campus is better" sort of situation?
    We, as affiliates of the school, cannot carry any weapon on campus without being subject to expulsion or termination.

However, those of you who are not affiliated with the school can do as you please. Therefore, we have to be on campus in empty holster fashion whereas none of you do.

Captain Morgan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    terrible haute
    Check your fire! And, check WTHR's facebook page.

WTHR responded to my inquiries and advised that Channel 13 will have an additional report at 5PM today.

Have a link to the thread you're referencing?

Not sure if this will work, but let me try. Welcome to Facebook

If that doesn't work, just go to WTHR's facebook page, then view "recent posts by others" (or by friends if you're friends with Kirk on there) then scroll down and look for the post by Kirk Freeman and read the comments on it. I think Kirk's post was about an hour ago.

Top Bottom