• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Friend of mine just went to pick up his new car today and did the walk around before accepting it.

Good thing he did!

Somewhere along the delivery chain someone pee'd on the back seat. The seats are black, so they don't look stained and the unrine dried out, but the smell remains. He also said it looks like they tried to get the smell out.:xmad:

He refused the car and the car dealer countered with offering to clean the seats again.

He said no and is reconsidering the entire deal.

It was a GM product. I told him to go get a Ford.

What URINE, UNION and GM Slogan can we work on for laughs?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    That is enough to make you sick. It also would make me wonder what else might have been done to the car.

Was this a factory order or was the car off the lot? Just wondering if someone might have been pissed (literally) at the dealer.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Even if it was built in the United States the factories are filled with scabs and half pays. There more non union scabs in most factories than UAW represented. Nearly every modle is produced both in the country and out now, though they both cost the same. That's before you even figure in all the union haters and other morons wandering around the factory on the weekends now when they would have plenty of privacy to take a whiz in the seat. I doubt there's time in the 55 seconds allowed to install ALL of the seats in a vehicle to take a "break" in the seat while the line is running.

All he's got to do is refuse delivery if the story is true.

Lear sends those seats in to the factory a truck load every 5 minutes and it's about a 3 minute job to switch them out at the plant. It would have never made it off the lot at the factory with any thing close to what you describe. Feel free to go ahead and dream you know what you are talking about though.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    1e9e_1_sbl.JPG

:dunno:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Even if it was built in the United States the factories are filled with scabs and half pays. There more non union scabs in most factories than UAW represented. Nearly every modle is produced both in the country and out now, though they both cost the same. That's before you even figure in all the union haters and other morons wandering around the factory on the weekends now when they would have plenty of privacy to take a whiz in the seat. I doubt there's time in the 55 seconds allowed to install ALL of the seats in a vehicle to take a "break" in the seat while the line is running.

Lear sends those seats in to the factory a truck load every 5 minutes and it's about a 3 minute job to switch them out at the plant. It would have never made it off the lot at the factory with any thing close to what you describe. Feel free to go ahead and dream you know what you are talking about though.

Who are these stupid corporate executives to not figure out that if they just paid all their employees $30 an hour and give them union cards that they'd stay busy and work happily?

In all fairness, there are a lot of chances that this could have happened after it rolled off the assembly line. It could have been the scab who drives the car from the end of the line to the parking lot. It could have been the scab who drove it from the parking lot onto the car hauler. It could have been the underpaid non union guy at the dealership who unloaded it, etc. But wouldn't it be icing on the cake to know that it was one of the union welfare guys who wanted our kids and grandkids to pay for their bailout? Not only did we get pissed on by having our paychecks confiscated to pay their exorbitant wages and then to have them **** on the car that a customer buys?

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    My guess is that they left the car unlocked while on the lot and some group of mopes walked the lot at night, found an open door, and...

-J-

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    All I said, somewhere along the line to the dealership, someone marked the seats. Its a union car, shipped on teamster trucks to the dealer that just preps it for pickup. That is when they discovered the stain.

If I recall, the cars in the lot at the factory are not locked and packaged with the keys is with the vehicle until it is loaded on the delivery truck or train.

Who are these stupid corporate executives to not figure out that if they just paid all their employees $30 an hour and give them union cards that they'd stay busy and work happily?

In all fairness, there are a lot of chances that this could have happened after it rolled off the assembly line. It could have been the scab who drives the car from the end of the line to the parking lot. It could have been the scab who drove it from the parking lot onto the car hauler. It could have been the underpaid non union guy at the dealership who unloaded it, etc. But wouldn't it be icing on the cake to know that it was one of the union welfare guys who wanted our kids and grandkids to pay for their bailout? Not only did we get pissed on by having our paychecks confiscated to pay their exorbitant wages and then to have them **** on the car that a customer buys?

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    If all goes as planned the delivery network starts at pickup at 1 pm on thursday.

fyi-this is what you purchased

apack_case_official.jpg

YUM!!!

In my opinion, he who smelt it, dealt it!

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm not shocked that the dealer offered the paltry gesture of having the seat 'cleaned' in an attempt to get the car off the lot. What a pos. I'm offended for your friend.

Maybe it was that GM Toyota joint venture model.

Toyo-Let.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I'll read your opinion far more objectively if you refrain from using phrases like "non union scabs". I believe we have a stereotyping problem here.

Top Bottom