• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Wow. What a terrible coincidence that he got paired with a devout Muslim woman. (Absolutely no purple.)

IMHO, the Americans with Disabilities Act should kick in. Given his PTSD disability, brought on by trauma in combat in Muslim areas of the world, I think giving him a different counselor would be a "reasonable accommodation."

I also suspect there is more to this story, but even at face value, his request was not unreasonable.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Ask most any Vietnam vet how many Vietnamese doctors they have seen at the V.A. This has been going on for some time. To question this soldier's sanity and label him a "threat" is an insult to every man or woman who has ever served. I served in '72 but I'm not sure I could serve in today's military and I wouldn't go anywhere near a V.A. clinic. I did that once and will never go back. Seriously. Too many idiots in charge with absurd rules who can seriously mess up your life.:rolleyes:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm guessing more to the story, but also the whole point of a counselor is to have someone you feel you can talk to. Surely they have access to a vet on staff?

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    My son is an Iraqi Marine Vet....just graduated from IU at IUPUI...they had Iraqi vet counselors that were Iraqi vets, that worked with the VA students to navigate the raft of paperwork pitfalls that wait for anyone trying to use up their GI Bill. I am proud to say he used it up...got his Masters two weeks ago, earned his undergrad while still in...I think he managed to squeeze every single penny out of the GI Bill that he could. Gets that from his mom.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    If I were a bookie, I would lean toward betting on the 'more to the story' being that a Moslem, a woman, or especially both characteristics in one person rate far higher on the leftist protected class pantheon than a fragile veteran.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I bet if he had actually asked for a Muslim counselor, they would have bent over backwards to satisfy that request.

If given the choice, I would have asked for a hot female counselor with specific measurements and hair color. :naughty:

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    My son is an Iraqi Marine Vet....just graduated from IU at IUPUI...they had Iraqi vet counselors that were Iraqi vets, that worked with the VA students to navigate the raft of paperwork pitfalls that wait for anyone trying to use up their GI Bill. I am proud to say he used it up...got his Masters two weeks ago, earned his undergrad while still in...I think he managed to squeeze every single penny out of the GI Bill that he could. Gets that from his mom.

Tell your son, an old Ret. DAV., Marine says SEMPER FI !!!!!

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Let's not forget that an awful lot of Vietnamese immigrants in the U.S. hated North Vietnamese communism more than LBJ ever did.

One of the best lines in "Grand Torino"...

Clint- "So what the hell are you people doing here anyway?"

The young Asian girl-"Yeah...Funny thing that. We backed up the US in Vietnam and after you all bailed the VC began killing us so you all let us come over here.."

Clint-"Yeah...Sorry about that."

Or something along those lines...It was my favorite scene in the movie....

Last edited:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    That should not happen and should be reversed! I would never issue a suspension like that.

sgt1968

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2015
    lynn
    hay i know what your saying in a way my ex hade me detained for my own saftey . i wont say any more on heir this is bull crap .

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Meh, he can hire his own doctor if he has an issue.

That's not the problem. The problem is that he was banned from campus completely and is still banned from everything other than attending class because he objected to the assigned counselor.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    That's not the problem. The problem is that he was banned from campus completely and is still banned from everything other than attending class because he objected to the assigned counselor.

The left can not stand anyone's right to life, or their right to defend said life. Do you really expect them to respect anyone's right to freedom of association? There is only one cure for them.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The left can not stand anyone's right to life, or their right to defend said life. Do you really expect them to respect anyone's right to freedom of association? There is only one cure for them.

Yes, that mineral deficiency.

Joe G

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    SE Indiana
    I bet if a Muslim would have requested to not have a female Jewish counselor they'd bend over backwards for that request and nothing would have happened to him. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom