• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    The whole payment thing is interesting. Especially since the women's team negotiated their contracts and had the option to get the same pay as the men. Instead chose slightly less pay but get paid whether they play that month or not. The men only get paid when they play. There's a great/funny video of the captain getting called out on it and her having to admit it.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Due to them drawing more of a crowd and making the association more money, I completely agree. Of course it's no longer true because the idiots agreed to split their pay/profits with the whiny girls team... :rolleyes:
    I thought the girls said no to that deal. Of course I quit paying attention, so I have no idea where it ended.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    The whole payment thing is interesting. Especially since the women's team negotiated their contracts and had the option to get the same pay as the men. Instead chose slightly less pay but get paid whether they play that month or not. The men only get paid when they play. There's a great/funny video of the captain getting called out on it and her having to admit it.

The whole thing is garbage. The women lost in court and they absolutely should have. The association and/or the men's team caved and gave them what they wanted, which IMO is a travesty.

I thought the girls said no to that deal. Of course I quit paying attention, so I have no idea where it ended.
    That was the original contract that they ended up suing over. In the most recent contract, the women's team got everything their cold, black little hearts asked for.

Top Bottom