• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    The first interview is from 2009 IIRC, just after his "capture." And quite frankly, given that we know prisoners are scripted, I'm not sure why we are taking anything he says seriously. The videos prove nothing, one way or another. My guess is they wouldn't have been posted if he had said "Kill 'em all. Let God sort 'em out."

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    1. Bring him home.
    2. Investigate
    3. Try him if the facts demand. Seems that they do from here.
    4. Dronef**k the 5 Taliban when the year is up.
    5. Sing Kumbaya and move on.

Mission statement: concise and to the point with the occassional troll-like nuance.

Last edited:

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    After reading the majority of posts in this thread, I have noticed how the focus has changed from Obama negotiating with terrorists to Bergdahl, the deserter. It seems that the anger or concern has shifted to Bergdahl. Personally, I don't care if he was an American hero, we should never, let me say that again, NEVER negotiate with terrorists. Don't let the hype of the media shift your focus to the next shiney object. Yes, this person should be investigated and punished if he has been determined to have been a deserter, but the focus should remain on Obama for his actions. Obama continues to create new scandals just to take the focus off of the previous scandals. This is his method, and we, the people, fall for it everytime.

Just my :twocents:

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    That quick frisk won't find the bomb implanted in the ol' backdoor!

I think our next trade will be Khalik Sheikh Mohammed for a cheese sandwich.

Cheese sandwich has a purpose, that fella did not. The only way I see this working out better than it is would be for us to bring him home to face a firing squad.

YepThatsMe: I think it's simply to point out the ridiculousness of the actions. Word is coming out that the WH knew their actions were going to be Illegal, they knew he was a deserter, they knew his family has converted to radical Islam. Yet you still do exactly what you want to do. Sad to say, but I do honestly believe the U.S. has positioned it's self for the retard Biden to become President shortly. At which point we will further our status as Laughing stock of the world!

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The first interview is from 2009 IIRC, just after his "capture." And quite frankly, given that we know prisoners are scripted, I'm not sure why we are taking anything he says seriously. The videos prove nothing, one way or another. My guess is they wouldn't have been posted if he had said "Kill 'em all. Let God sort 'em out."
    Rambone is trying to make the case for "conscientious objector" (Hero)

adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    Bowe Bergdahl says that he was part of an Airborne unit that was not actually airborne. He was a SAW gunner.

He wasn't airborne qualified, but airborne units have non-qualified Soldiers in it quite frequently. It's done to meet strength numbers. Hell I can't even remember the last combat jump performed, early OIF I think.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    He wasn't airborne qualified, but airborne units have non-qualified Soldiers in it quite frequently. It's done to meet strength numbers. Hell I can't even remember the last combat jump performed, early OIF I think.
    To that end, didn't one of the accounts posted up mention exactly that?

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North

82nd combat jumped troops into Western Iraq at night while I was there (2004-2005). The goal was to cut off insurgents which fled back over the Syrian border whenever Soldiers headed out on the multi-hour trip to get to the boarder villages. Don't know how often it's used though.

My Det. fell under 82nd, 1st Cav, 3rd ID, 81st and a couple others 81st and 82nd are Airborne, but we didn't Identify ourselves as being an "Airborne" unit.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    White House is not only taking on water but now it is on fire--White House attacks members of unit who tell of soldier walking off:

?Wow!? And so it begins: White House smears vets, claims ?swift boating? of Bergdahl | Twitchy

Yeah, that's why I think there's a lot more to this. This is all changing so fast, more details flying out... and it all looks bad on the admin. Journalist hacks are stretching hard and far to keep up with it.

Sure, it did a great job of stopping the VA scandal for a while... but this trade was in the works for at least a couple years. They HAD to know he was a deserter at some point. I can't imagine he just did this to empty out Gitmo. I'm feeling something Muslim-related... how Bowe and his father were... how Bowe saught out Taliban heads when he left... just really, really doesn't add up.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Wow. Something just jumped out at me.

He's playing to his base.

He can say all day long to the MSM that every GI is a special snowflake that deserves rescuing (even though he doesn't mind blowing up other US citizens).

But, when it comes to campaigning (that he doesn't really need to do, as far as we know), the narrative can be that he did everything he could to bring this "conscientious objector" (which technically he wasn't) back home. He rose above doctrinal issues, above the rhetoric, and saw Bergdahl for what he was - a sensitive, thoughtful young man who took a stand.

Doublespeak FTW.

Top Bottom