• Status
    Not open for further replies.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    If it is true, the perpetrators need to be punished accordingly for the murders. I wouldn't even preclude turning them over to the Afghani courts, since the crimes were committed there. We cannot afford to let this one slip by or make any mistakes. There have already been too many civilian casualties in both theatres and this rises levels above "collateral damage".

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Its sad to say but some of our soldiers feel that it gives them an excuse to whatever they want whenever they want. If it's true, I hope they get swift and appropriate justice. Bad apples ruin the bunch. I hope this just media. I really do.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    This doesn't suprise me at all. The services had been desperate to fill slots when things were going badly earlier in the wars and lowered the recruit standards accordingly. It shouldn't shock people when the services put felons and those psychologically challenged in uniform. Additionally, there seems to be a disconnect in the supervision of soldiers that allows this to happen. In most of the scenarios in Iraq and Afghanistan, the squad leaders, e-6's of various seasoning and education levels, are in charge of patrols. There is little oversite as to what happens when they are outside the wire. This is the same thing that happened with the murder and rape of the Iraqi family and their daughter in Baghdad by the 101st soldiers. Seving in the military should be a priveledge, they need to make the entry standards higher to weed out the whackos. Also they need to cut the nuts off of these retards so no one else even thinks about doing this again!

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I'm waiting for more facts....not from the media, but what the military directly says about all this. If its true we will be seeing court martials....remember the Navy Seals that were accused falsley....come to think of it..it was some idiot General that brought those charges against them....so guess I won't know who to believe on this one.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    not suprising. I had a friend in the military that assisted customs and they found body parts (war trophies) lol. weird

it is the military. anyone whos ever been in the military knows theres some real phsycos in it. its sad but true. im not even gonna pretend.

if only people knew the tactics we were using in afghanistan when I was over there. and yes it was authorized. the media would have a freakin field day. But I dont kiss and tell.

no one knows how they will react to killing another human until you do it. some people go nuts. to this soldier he was probly in an altered state of reality and thought what he did was perfectly normal. war will change you forever, i dont care what your MOS is.
    I havent even read the story nor do i care to, so if some of my comments seem off thats why. maybe the guy is just a loon, or maybe he couldnt take it no more. i dont know, but i do know that you will see the government parade him around infront of all the cameras and make a spectical of this so it will take attention off bigger things and they will lock this guy up forever.

Last edited:

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    If it is true, the perpetrators need to be punished accordingly for the murders. I wouldn't even preclude turning them over to the Afghani courts, since the crimes were committed there. We cannot afford to let this one slip by or make any mistakes. There have already been too many civilian casualties in both theatres and this rises levels above "collateral damage".

Bad idea. These soldiers aren't guilty yet, nothing has been proven. These soldiers fall under the UCMJ not sharia law. Do you actually think the Afghans would give them a fiar trial or would they be made an example of?

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    remember the Navy Seals that were accused falsley

Or the Marines at Haditha that John Murtha hung out to dry.

it is the military. anyone whos ever been in the military knows theres some real phsycos in it. its sad but true. im not even gonna pretend.

Very true. I knew a couple of guys when I was in that were total kooks. They just gave off that vibe of "I'm going to climb a water tower someday".

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I'm waiting for more facts....not from the media, but what the military directly says about all this. *snip*come to think of it..it was some idiot General that brought those charges against them....so guess I won't know who to believe on this one.

Most conservatives believe anything the pentagon says. Those conservatives are... idiots. To put it kindly.

We all agree the obama administration lies and sucks... the generals they parade in front of us are political and serve at the whim of the President (technically all servicemen do, but lets not nitpick).

Why do people give any more credibility to an obama spokesman in uniform vs one in a suit and tie?

THAT is why we see upper level military officals throwing the guys on the front line under the bus. They are the same ilk as those of whom they actually serve.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Fingers are one thing, but posing for photographs with the bodies...

well, now you've stolen their soul and that is very bad karma. :rolleyes:

Seriously, I hope it's not true and await the investigation findings.

If it is... burn 'em. :noway:

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    i read an article earlier on this and it mentioned several times that there was no proof of anything actually happening yet. just people being accused so im waiting to see if there is even any truth to it at all.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I suppose if we hold military tribunals for those bringing terror upon us on our soil, then same should be afforded to our troops in Afgan's military court. What is justice for them here should be justice for us over there.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I suppose if we hold military tribunals for those bringing terror upon us on our soil, then same should be afforded to our troops in Afgan's military court. What is justice for them here should be justice for us over there.

What we have now is a hold over foul-up by George W.

We aren't actually at war. So the right place for the alleged murders trial would actually be in the hands of the judicial system of the country it occurred in because these alleged murders happened off base.

Obviously, in a country like Afghanistan, their judicial system isn't a good idea... then again, considering the meddling of the bush and obama administrations in previous military trials, why do we think it's going to be any better?

This is a totally fubar'ed situation.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010

would you want to be tried in an Afghan court under sharia law?

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Fingers are one thing, but posing for photographs with the bodies.../QUOTE]

That's the whole problem. Everyone knows it's videotaping beheadings that's the internationally accepted form of execution anymore. Anything else won't be tolerated!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom