• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    [video=youtube;oQxYxuNlk24]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQxYxuNlk24[/video]

If you watch the video very closely you can almost see the south Florida Cuban populations' arm up his butt!!!

What's the deal with Cuba anyway and before you say "google it", I'm aware of the "history". Viet Nam arguably did something that no other nation did and that was win a war against us and we're over there building and buying condos, Wal Marts, etc and nobody gives a rats ass about it. Little ol' Cuba, 90 miles from home have been telling the imperialists to pound sand for 50+ years and it's a burr under the saddle of people that think it's going to affect "What to we lose? I can answer that. Our reputation as a country with a strong foreign policy. Our reputation as being strong on human rights. And we'll lose money. Lot's of money. "

Our "strong foreign policy is whatever corporate America want's it to be, strong on human rights....GITMO, cops killing people in their homes because of bad warrants, killing people for selling loosies, burning prom queens to death in their cars, allowing people to die because their insurance doesn't cover that????? GET REAL. And the last is so over the top laughable that it doesn't even warrant a reply but. . . . do you have ANY idea of how much money this country is losing in the form of lost business ventures due to the "embargo"?

The past 60 years has been two guys standing on a playground comparing their dicks to each other and Castro won! Introduce free enterprise, mix in 20 years or so and see what that country turns into. The Cuban Revolution fooled the people once, give them a second chance. . .I bet you won't fool them twice!

You ask how I can continue to live in this country I apparently hate so much? Couldn't be further from the truth, I'm a proud American and will stand up with anyone and say it out loud. You see, I like you tend to look the other way for 90% of the bad things our county does because my microwave popcorn comes out perfect every time. The stop lights are timed in such a way that I can drive the 20 miles to work and back everyday without hitting a single light if I time it right and if I decide to drive to Florida at a moments notice the only thing stopping me is my wallet!

So let's all get off our high horses about the Cuban embargo!

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    I expect that is the long term .......now that I think for a second I better change that to short term goal for a whole new Democratic voter base. I could not even watch the announcement from "The Big O" on this matter. Just the sight of him or the sound of his voice sickens my stomach beyond belief!
    Just make it a state. We'll get to 57 eventually.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Which "murdered for free speech" vacation package will you choose when traveling to Cuba?

The one that has a direct flight from the USA to Cuba, of course.

Now if the average American wants to visit Cuba, the best course of action is to fly to Mexico first then to take a flight to Cuba. Cuban officials know not to stamp US passports, and when you arrive back to the US from Mexico you just tell customs you had a great time Cancun but got a little too much sun. From what I understand it's not an entirely difficult task to travel there, you just have to go through a different country first and it's not like Havana doesn't already have some tourism from the rest of the world that is legally allowed to go there.

For a country that is close enough to us that you can literally float to it on a door, it's about damn time.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Do you advocate the same trade policies with those nations?

Why or why not?

Eh, the embargo was about saying "No" to the Castros. All the Castros.

Lifting it (either legally, or by executive order) is a surrender to the Castro dictatorship and way of governing. Castro gets everything from this, and we get... possibly... the release of 50 political prisoners.

Canada and Europe have been pumping money in that ****hole for years, and it remains a ****hole. Getting money from America isn't going to change that. It's just going to create a new Las Vegas.

My criticism is how this is being handled in relation to other nations. I mentioned Jerusalem before. This sends the wrong signal to other dictatorial nations, incentivizes them to consider taking American prisoners. If the Castro regime was gone... then I could see this being a positive move. Until then, it's not right.

However, if this is all based on my decision to spend a total of $200 on Cuban cigars in my lifetime, then this criticism of my "support" has really stretched thin.

Report: Raul Castro wants Pres. Obama to use ?executive action? to lift embargo | Twitchy

wadcutter

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Do you advocate the same trade policies with those nations?

Why or why not?

Mr. Rambone:

I chuckled at Rubio's comments, because he cites "human rights" and "inalienable rights" as the basis of his objections to dealing with Cuba. The concept of rights existing outside of the U.S. Constitution is a position which Kirk Freeman, Kutnupe and other disagree with. In posting this video, Mr. GP seems to believe in human and inalienable rights. I know you and Mr. Jarrell do.

Where do gun owners stand on human rights?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have only one question. Beyond rum and cigars (which can be bought from Dominca and are as good), how does the USA benefit from this?

The good cigarmakers fled to the Dominican Republic, so it's mostly about "forbidden fruit" these days.

Rumor was they'll release 50 political prisoners, but that's hardly worth propping up a dictator.

Wadcutter said:
    In posting this video, Mr. GP seems to believe in human and inalienable rights. I know you and Mr. Jarrell do.

Mr. J, Rambone, and I likely agree on more than we let on. But, being the internet, it's easy to choose the contentious/nitpick route of conversation.

Last edited:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Well, this is great news. Definitely a step in the right direction. Now if we can just manage to get rid of the stupid embargo we'll see communism in Cuba go the way of the Dodo. Flowing dollars kills communism where ever it happens. Of course the usual nattering ninnies, like Rubio and his ilk will keep right on going and fueling the communist regime there by keeping the embargo on. No-one will ever accuse them of being eaten up with smarts.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I was disappointed when I got the news from one of my cigar outlets that there will not be any Cuban cigars allowed to be imported for sale... what the heck is the point...

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    The good cigarmakers fled to the Dominican Republic, so it's mostly about "forbidden fruit" these days.

I'm guessing you've not had many cigars, particularly Cubans. (By Cubans, I don't mean the ones commonly sold in airports and such outside of Cuba or the one that my buddy left laying in a glad bag in his dresser drawer for about half a year.):)

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    My criticism is how this is being handled in relation to other nations. I mentioned Jerusalem before. This sends the wrong signal to other dictatorial nations, incentivizes them to consider taking American prisoners. If the Castro regime was gone... then I could see this being a positive move. Until then, it's not right.

However, if this is all based on my decision to spend a total of $200 on Cuban cigars in my lifetime, then this criticism of my "support" has really stretched thin.

Thanks for answering. I honestly don't care about the cigars, just trying to understand the rationale of some earlier comments.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I'm guessing you've not had many cigars, particularly Cubans. (By Cubans, I don't mean the ones commonly sold in airports and such outside of Cuba or the one that my buddy left laying in a glad bag in his dresser drawer for about half a year.):)

They are good smokes but I don't think any better than some others I have had.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    Well, this is great news. Definitely a step in the right direction. Now if we can just manage to get rid of the stupid embargo we'll see communism in Cuba go the way of the Dodo. Flowing dollars kills communism where ever it happens.

It doesn't happen very often but, I'm total agreement here with mrj. To me this decades old embargo has become, and IMO always was really pointless as the rest of the world does business with Cuba. We really showed them didn't we. Think maybe, just maybe actually sitting down and opening a dialog with them might have effected positive change years ago? Just sayin'

Top Bottom