US troops may stay in Afghanistan until the year 2024 A.D.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    2024!! Keep voting for the Establishment and they will make sure it lasts every bit of that and more.

We have always been at war with Eastasia. :n00b:

US troops may stay in Afghanistan until 2024
    America and Afghanistan are close to signing a strategic pact which would allow thousands of United States troops to remain in the country until at least 2024, The Daily Telegraph can disclose.

The agreement would allow not only military trainers to stay to build up the Afghan army and police, but also American special forces soldiers and air power to remain.​

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I know of one contending candidate who will do something about this.

He will bring the troops home, "as soon as we can get the ships there."

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis

While that may be true, he won't be nominated by the Republicans and he won't be elected as an Independent. I'm not sure I could hold my nose well enough to vote for him even against Obama.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    No Doubt Jeremy.... we have troops in almost every country right now, I think this is blown a bit out of proportion. IMO
    He could start with the several wars we are fighting, or he could start with the hundreds of bases guarding perfectly capable countries. The bottom line is he's the only candidate even paying lip service to the idea of pulling back, anywhere.

I just want to why has he not done anything while as a Congressman in the House?!

What makes you think he will do anything more than he has done already?!
    Maybe you're right. Despite 30 years of speaking out against interventionist, unnecessary wars, and persistently voting against funding them, maybe Ron Paul actually supports them and won't do anything about them as president!

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    He could start with the several wars we are fighting, or he could start with the hundreds of bases guarding perfectly capable countries. The bottom line is he's the only candidate even paying lip service to the idea of pulling back, anywhere.

Maybe you're right. Despite 30 years of speaking out against interventionist, unnecessary wars, and persistently voting against funding them, maybe Ron Paul actually supports them and won't do anything about them as president!

Maybe...

I have yet to find any Legislation from him or even Co-Sponsored by him to pull us home...

All I have ever heard is that he would if elected to CoC pull us all home. If I remember right, I think Obama said that as well...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011

Sounds like a Japanese PM that had to resign a couple years ago because he got voted in under the promise of closing an unpopular US base. He then found out he couldnt (legally) close the base because the US had a contract so he then resigned.

Im pretty sure Obama ran under a premise of bringing our troops home?

All that said, maybe Ron Paul is serious .... but I find it more likely that he wouldnt be in too much control over wether or not the troops come home. Is that something congress would have to vote on?

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    You act like an act of congress would actually bring anyone home.

Obama has already stated that the "War Powers Act" allows him to act unilaterally, concerning military deployment.

Top Bottom