• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I think putting your own rifle together is fantastic, and buying used is never a bad thing there are just so many "it depends" in that area. As far as an off the shelf rifle goes, if I'm going that route I personally would be buying something a little higher end than an entry level rifle. A DD or BCM etc.

afdfirefighter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    I have read a few posts about needing special tooling to build your own. Is that true and if so, how much is that tooling?

Don't need a warranty when you buy quality parts and put them together correctly. The ar is so simple to work on it's ridiculous. Almost the glock of black rifles

afdfirefighter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    Thanks for the feedback. I am not burning to get anything tomorrow so that may be the case, wait on a good deal on a higher end.

I think putting your own rifle together is fantastic, and buying used is never a bad thing there are just so many "it depends" in that area. As far as an off the shelf rifle goes, if I'm going that route I personally would be buying something a little higher end than an entry level rifle. A DD or BCM etc.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Thanks for the feedback. I am not burning to get anything tomorrow so that may be the case, wait on a good deal on a higher end.
    Wait on a good deal? In case you haven't noticed, "out of stock" is the name of the game on high end ARs right now. Until this mess in Washington has played out, and the next year of panic buying screws the market, there won't be many deals come along. I was talking to a distributor just today, they got 75000 Magpul Gen 2 Pmags in yesterday, and they have under 8K left for sale today.

Top Bottom