• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 87gsxr711

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Looking to buy a used Buck Mark. I have a question about the value of different age Buck Marks. If two guns are the same condition and round count but one is say 3-5 years old and another is say 15-20 years old, is one worth more than the other, or should I expect to pay the same for both? Is there a reason to go after one more than the other, or stay away from one?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Indyhandgunner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012
    I'm not necessarily sure one is inherently better than the other, or more valuable, but I do know that the older Buckmarks don't like new magazines. Something to take into consideration. Personally, I think I would see if I could get a new(er) one. Whenever someone brings up .22 semis, I'm obligated to mention the Mark III as an alternative. Any particular reason for choosing a Buckmark over a Ruger?

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I currently have one older (+/-1992) slab side and two newer models, a Pro Target & a Camper. I have never had a problem with the newer mags in the older gun. However, the older model does not have a mag safety and the trigger is a little better. Of course, this could be due to a 10,000+ round count smoothing things out.

The newer models do have some features that are nice such as the cocking ears on the slide and the grooved grips are neat.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    In general the Older the better but to me it has to be Older like 1989 or before for me to even consider it old or mine.

IMHO the very best of rifle and pistol were produced from the late 1950's to the late 1980's. Look at the blue on the older colts and smith revolvers. Can not do that blue anymore as it contained arsenic and SELENIUM (PIM 483) . Not nearly as common today and the older blues were deeper and protected better.

At that time (late 1950-1980's) you had the comming of the newer cnc and milling machines and the craftsmen who could assemble and fit. Both of these were done very well. Nowdays it seems things are a little rougher and no craftspersons seem to be involved just assembliers. I will admit the machines are more exact today than any time in the past. Costcutting measure and lawyer ruined most of the good stuff.

Now a 1999 buckmark or a 2012 buckamrk I do not think you would see a bit of a difference. Now if you compair a Buckmark plus from 1988 to a buckmark camper or UDX the difference is shocking.

Real buckmarks have slim mags. Not like the ones they make today but like the ones with the old challangers.

Top Bottom