• ...and so much more!
  • Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    (my geologists hat on)

IGS has a lot of good resources that are underutilized. I applied for the education and outreach position they had advertised last year but didn't even make the interview cut.

I thought you might already be aware of this from some of your other related comments.;)

After reading some of the past threads on earthquakes, etc perhaps there is some information in those links that might be beneficial to others. I happened to find these links when looking for info on aquifers. If you know of some links for that subject in So. Indiana I'm all ears!

PS. Sorry you didn't get the job.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I thought you might already be aware of this from some of your other related comments.;)

After reading some of the past threads on earthquakes, etc perhaps there is some information in those links that might be beneficial to others. I happened to find these links when looking for info on aquifers. If you know of some links for that subject in So. Indiana I'm all ears!

PS. Sorry you didn't get the job.

Oh, I know a LOT about aquifers, especially on karstic terrains, ask away! If I don't know the answer, the folks who are national experts on the subject are close friends :)

GSquared

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Columbus
    I felt the last New Madrid earthquake. It woke me up. I thought that a car had hit the house.

Could we have one big enough that it would cause significant damage in Columbus?

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    highly respected sizemologist (spelling ??,) say indiana is past due for a larger earthquake than california has had in recent history. makes you think. if a large quake hit indiana, i think maybe 100,000 people would die. the building just would crumble.

Top Bottom