Not open for further replies.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying this recipe works and works well. And considering this isn't my specific recipe, but one used by people who are in the industry, id say it's good to go. Is it the absolute best for everything? Probably not. But it works really well and it's cheap to make a whole lot of.

Mixing my own jet lubrications is just ridiculous. There's very strict requirements on anything to do with a jet and it's not just your life your risking working on the jet. It's the pilot's, and if it's on a passenger airliner, the passengers too. Everything done has to be strictly tested and approved.

Your comparisons don't work. It's not an accurate comparison between mixing lubricant for a firearm to cycle and engines that need specifics to work.

This is as simple as just not commenting on the thread, if you don't like it. But, if you're willing to try something, then go for it. You might actually like it. It's a recipe that's been tested not just by me, but by people that run their guns a lot harder than I do and shoot primarily suppressed.
    Pressure, microns and lubrication. Some of us here have been around it for decades.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I get it, most of y'all are pretty old fudds who like things done your way. And any kind of change scares you, so you and your buddies lash out similar to what kids do when they're upset.
    Doesn't mean that your way of doing things is the best way of doing things. Time and technology change, improved ways of doing things come to light, get used to it and stop acting the same way that you believe millennials and other generations to be acting
    But, refer to the gif...
    All that :lol2: yet you know so little about with what others here or myself do for a living.
    Good Luck.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    There have been several threads on this topic. They usually revolve around coming up with a cheap way to lubricate firearms.

I think it's fine but makes me wonder; how many guns do you guys really have? And are you using them so much that cleaning is a daily chore?

I have had the same bottles of cleaner and lube for 8 years now and I'm not even close to needing to replace them. Heck I just finished up a can of BreakFree my brother gave me when he came back from 'nam I think!

No knock at all on the thread. It's just interesting to me that folks go through so much product. I clean my firearms but I only really shoot a few. And I usually only do 1, maybe two full detail strip and cleans a year. And two of those that get used the most have a lot of plastic which gets washed with Dawn detergent and a toothbrush. No lube needed on those parts.

I literally place about 6 drops of lube on a pistol after cleaning.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    There have been several threads on this topic. They usually revolve around coming up with a cheap way to lubricate firearms.

I think it's fine but makes me wonder; how many guns do you guys really have? And are you using them so much that cleaning is a daily chore?

I have had the same bottles of cleaner and lube for 8 years now and I'm not even close to needing to replace them. Heck I just finished up a can of BreakFree my brother gave me when he came back from 'nam I think!

No knock at all on the thread. It's just interesting to me that folks go through so much product. I clean my firearms but I only really shoot a few. And I usually only do 1, maybe two full detail strip and cleans a year. And two of those that get used the most have a lot of plastic which gets washed with Dawn detergent and a toothbrush. No lube needed on those parts.

But he read books.

ltromann

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2022
    Santa Claus, IN

I go quite awhile without cleaning my guns to test where the limit is.the main point of this grease is to go longer periods without lubricating and to make cleaning as easy as wiping the parts off.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    You can do something your whole life and still not be good at doing it. The only thing that I observed older people being good at, is avoiding work and manipulating the system to avoid doing work.
    Do I need to post that Millennial video again?

Thats hard to do when one has a certain number of hours to build something.
    Or is the owner operator of a business.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I go quite awhile without cleaning my guns to test where the limit is.the main point of this grease is to go longer periods without lubricating and to make cleaning as easy as wiping the parts off.
    I usually do a "torture test" with new firearms. I run them without cleaning until I get a malfunction. Some get so dirty, I just give up and clean them. I get tired of the black ooze getting all over stuff, lol.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom