• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Dang. I want one too! Does your dad want to adopt a (slightly used) son??? I am available ya know! :n00b:

Hehe... congratulations Dean, I know you have been wanting that thing for a while now.

Thanks buddy!!! I will see you at the next ACC shoot with a totally new and cool rig :laugh:

jakeep

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Plainfield
    Here is mine. I need to shoot much more than I do. AllenM did the trigger and grip install. Now to get different Ambi safety and it’s all I’ll ever need.
    a2d9900fa133618c241725e376cdd6cb.jpg
    effed73c996f0689282c090eef749a26.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good on paper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 18, 2017
    Indianapolis
    5FED9771-E6D3-4D1D-8671-EBED9790A36F.jpg
    My primary gun
    Gans Custom
    Infinity sight tracker barrel, trigger, safety and sights
    Aftec extractor
    Brass mag well
    D02147E8-44D6-4847-A4AF-733418CBA4D7.jpg
    Backup/steel gun
    Donnyglock built
    Sti frame Caspian slide
    Schumann non AET sight tracker
    STI sights and trigger, SVI safety

Attachments

• A89A8B09-2D78-44C0-AA24-69E51FE98CED.jpg
      A89A8B09-2D78-44C0-AA24-69E51FE98CED.jpg
      81 KB · Views: 11

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    JKTpjNFh.jpg

RzAWsJph.jpg

n6rTPylh.jpg

Well my tactical sport orange was supposed to show up today, it was delayed one day during the shipping process. On the bright side my Double Alpha Alpha-X rig showed up so I spent almost 3 hours messing around and adjusting everything till I was happy. Thankfully I ordered a second holster insert block for my Shadow 2 (i plan on using it as my backup gun) so I was able to work on the draw angle and whatnot for my Limited Class rig.

Overall very happy with the DAA stuff and for anyone wondering the new Alpha X magazine pouches are awesome!

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Now that you are happy with the Double A, turn it around and fasten it in the back like the rest of us. Don't hate me man. :):

OK - edit... so I don't sound like some big ass. I looked up some pictures and there are people that hook them in the front. When you add a 3rd mag holder or shotgun loaders to the front you'll see people wearing them hooked in the back.

Last edited:

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Now that you are happy with the Double A, turn it around and fasten it in the back like the rest of us. Don't hate me man. :):

OK - edit... so I don't sound like some big ass. I looked up some pictures and there are people that hook them in the front. When you add a 3rd mag holder or shotgun loaders to the front you'll see people wearing them hooked in the back.

You are 100% cool, I thought about hooking it to the back but I found it harder to actually put the rig on that way. Since it is a dedicated limited rig I won't ever need to add anything I don't think, though it is in part me just being lazy

Good on paper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 18, 2017
    Indianapolis
    You are 100% cool, I thought about hooking it to the back but I found it harder to actually put the rig on that way. Since it is a dedicated limited rig I won't ever need to add anything I don't think, though it is in part me just being lazy

I just switched mine around to close in back this evening. It feels more natural to have the holders in front, bullets out, at a pretty good cant. I didn’t have room to do that closing in the front.
    What’s the difference between he new holders and the Racemaster, other than the sweet logo?

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I still hook my belt in the front as well, and I have 4 mag pouches on my belt. Have thought a couple of times about switching it around, but it seems to work for me as-is, so I have just left it.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I just switched mine around to close in back this evening. It feels more natural to have the holders in front, bullets out, at a pretty good cant. I didn’t have room to do that closing in the front.
    What’s the difference between he new holders and the Racemaster, other than the sweet logo?

Honestly not 100% sure what the difference was, I just went with the Alpha X because there was barley any price difference between that and the Race Master. Supposedly the ball joint is allot better and there is now no magazine and aluminum pouch contact as the Alpha X has a wrap around insert made of plastic lining the pouch

Also my Tactical Sport Orange showed up today and its sweet!! My freaking insert block from Double Alpha does not fit so I am having them send me another one that will supposedly fix my issue as I have a "rounded trigger guard" instead of a "square trigger guard". Going to put some rounds through the TSO tomorrow afternoon

oN6eupdh.jpg

1FboO0gh.jpg

I took the slide release out in favor of the flat sitting pin because the slide release was really preventing me from utilizing the gas pedal effectively

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Also my Tactical Sport Orange showed up today and its sweet!!

I took the slide release out in favor of the flat sitting pin because the slide release was really preventing me from utilizing the gas pedal effectively

Woo-hoo! Finally, eh??? Here's hoping it meets all of your long-held expectations! It sure looks puuurrrdy!!!

Good on paper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 18, 2017
    Indianapolis
    That TSO looks awesome! I would have gone that route if I hadn’t drank the 2011 kool aid.

Here’s my rig, the primary mags are placed around my left hip with the S.H.T.F mags over my back left pocket. That seemed to be the the most ergonomic place and my hand just drops to it during a reload.
    Now if I can just remember to keep my gun up while I’m reloading on the run.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      932.1 KB · Views: 14

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    OK, so it has been 2 days PLUS, and no range report from Dean??? What is wrong with you man???? We need to know!!! :nono:

Working on it, I have only been able to burn 600 rounds in like 4 days so I am slightly behind schedule. I do have most of the live fire stuff filmed, just need to work on some still photography of the small stuff and maybe get a USPSA match in and we are all set. Only downside is that my TSO has the "old" style trigger guard so I had to return and exchange the Tactical Sport Orange insert block for my holster with the Czechmate insert block which kind of sucks I wish the rig builder told you that when ordering on the Double Alpha website but oh well. Also working on what basepad and spring / follower combination to use with the 9mm as there is not a whole lot of info out about it. We all know how through I like to be :rockwoot:

Regardless here is a teaser pick and a long story short, the TSO is ****ing awesome!!!

fr86FcJh.jpg

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    vTrc88oh.jpg

The rig is built!!!! I have to work mandatory overtime this weekend so the review has been further delayed, as I want to shoot at least one USPSA match with the TSO before I put my thoughts down as when that little timer buzzes thats when the issues and benefits of the gun really start to show!

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    The rig is built!!!! I have to work mandatory overtime this weekend so the review has been further delayed, as I want to shoot at least one USPSA match with the TSO before I put my thoughts down as when that little timer buzzes thats when the issues and benefits of the gun really start to show!

Sweet!!! Are you coming to ACC on the 25th or 26th? Looks like I might shooting on Saturday this month...

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Sweet!!! Are you coming to ACC on the 25th or 26th? Looks like I might shooting on Saturday this month...

That's the plan, Saturday actually works better for me, barring having to work overtime next weekend as well but I won't know about that till Wednesday or so.

Top Bottom