• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Reaper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Fishers, IN
    What does everyone use for USPSA Production Holsters?

I am looking at the Blade-Tek, Black Ice DOH. Is that legal? Does Anyone have any experience with this model?

Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    What does everyone use for USPSA Production Holsters?

I am looking at the Blade-Tek, Black Ice DOH. Is that legal? Does Anyone have any experience with this model?

NOPE
    I just had a discussion with Blade Tech, Chuck at Shooters Connection, John from USPSA NROI, and Gary Stevens.

Here is Blade Tech's response to an email...

Hello Mr. _____,
    I have checked with production, and it looks like the black ice holster may not be legal for this specific division. I am sorry about that. I was unaware of this. If you would like to exchange this for a basic holster, we would be happy to do so.
    Please let me know. Thank you.

Tara Stewart
    Blade-Tech Industries
    Returns & Exchanges
    Customer Service & Dealer / Distributor
    (253) 655-8059 ext. 101
    (253) 655-8066 FAX

The problem is with the opening. It is 3/4" below the ejection port. Rules say up to 1/2". John from NROI said he didn't have one in front of him but the rules state 1/2" and if it is more than that it would not be legal. Chuck was shocked when I told him this and he contacted Gary Stevens which I did also to verify what he said. Gary said it probably isn't that big of a deal but the NROI has the final say so.
    So I sent mine back for the basic Blade Tech holster. Now this was all for the Single Stack Division but I believe Production has the same rule for the opening within 1/2" of ejection port.

Reaper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Fishers, IN
    That's good information. I skimmed the rules earlier today and found where it stated that the butt of the handle could not be lower than the top of the belt, but I did not see the 1/2" below the ejection port. I'll have to revisit the rules to verify.

Bummer, I was hoping that holster would qualify in the production division. Any other suggestions are helpful. My Double Alpha belt just arrived and now i need a holster for it.

f'nstar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    The regular bladetech DOH holster is legal and very popular among production shooters. With the tech lok it will be close on the 2in away from the inside of the belt to the gun rule but with the normal attachment it is fine.

Top Bottom