Utah Class CCW Class March 31st, Warsaw, In.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EDGE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Etna Green, In.
    Hi everyone, We will be holding a Utah non-resident CCW class in Warsaw In. on March 31st at 9:00 a.m. at Eagle Creek Firearms. Contact Eagle Creek for questions or to sign up. 574-267-2372. Or you can contact me for general questions ( Curt @ 574-354-7186). If that date does not work for you, check our website for calendar dates. www.edgetraininggroup.com Thanks and we are looking forward to seeing you.

EDGE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Etna Green, In.
    Hi Lock Stock, class is $ 100. includes all paperwork, application, fingerprinting. Photos done on site for $10. extra or you can get a passport photo from CVS for $ 10. This is a couple and fun class. Lots of question and answer during the law section. Call me (Curt) at 574-374-7186. Or call 574-267-2372 Eagle Creek Firearms to register. Look forward to seeing you there.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Hi Lock Stock, class is $ 100. includes all paperwork, application, fingerprinting. Photos done on site for $10. extra or you can get a passport photo from CVS for $ 10. This is a couple and fun class. Lots of question and answer during the law section. Call me (Curt) at 574-374-7186. Or call 574-267-2372 Eagle Creek Firearms to register. Look forward to seeing you there.

Thanks for the info. I'll see what mama has going.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I attended this training today.

Pros - Very basic course, as you can imagine, since this is a basic prerequisite to getting your non-resident Utah permit. Covers lots of ground most shooters already know. However, it is presented in a clear and concise, well-thought out fashion. The instructors are pleasant and easy to talk with. When the course was over, in a very timely 3-3.5 hours, they did a fine job of walking everyone throught the paperwork and the items needed to complete your application. The class is well run with extra people to fingerprint, take photos, assign paperwork, etc.

Negs -

- Highlighted portions of the PowerPoint presentations were in Red on a blue background. Extremely hard to see in a relatively bright room. Suggest changing to white but italic for accent. Easier to read.

- This course does not cover everything, money-wise you need. We were under the impression that the fee covered the Utah application fee too. It doesn't. A few students were surprised by this so I guess I don't feel too bad for being confused on this point.

- At the start of the class we were asked who was carrying a gun right then. I was the only person to raise my hand. I was told to take my weapon to the car or clear it right there in the room. They were very pleasant about the request. I didn't say anything but I was shocked at this. My weapon is perfectly safe in a classwork course in it's holster. Removing it from the holster and clearing it in a crowded classroom seemed seemed to be asking for a ND. It embarrassed me and also put me in a tough position. It also annoyed me as there were at least four people who were heavily printing who did not raise their hand and were not questioned. There must be a different way to handle this. Perhaps a bold sign at the signup sheet and at the entrance to the class? I totally understand they have the right to require this action but it could be handled better in the future is my only point.

In closing, I like these guys and fully intend on taking more classes with them. It was money well spent. Now I just have to wait for my Permit!:rockwoot:

EDGE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Etna Green, In.
    Hi Greyhound, Thanks for attending the course today. Thank you also for the kind words. We also noticed the red print today, this was the first time we have had such a bright classroom and I think we would have been better off moving the screen from directly under the lights. But I think tomorrow I will play with some Font and colors other then red.
    As for the money for the class, I'm sorry for any misunderstanding, no instruction group collect for fees that are sent out to a state agency. We instruct for Utah, Florida, and Michigan and so do many of our friends that instruct and the fee for the class is always for the class only. The state fees must be sent by the applicant with the paperwork. Also there are many out there that charge $ 130 to $150. for the same class and you still have to send your Utah fee.

As for the firearms in class, we always display this on the first slide and today that slide was on the screen as everyone came in. We do not have an option on this, Utah requires that there is no firearms in class. As for any others carrying in class, I seen one other and during the first break, I pulled him aside and asked him to put in in his car and he did. My partner noticed one also and cleared the firearm and set it aside since the gentleman was riding a motorcycle and had no where to put it. I did not see any others. I apologize if we embarrassed you, I never want anyone in our class to leave feeling anything other then complete satisfaction and that they got 100% of the value of the class.

In closing I hope to see you again at another one of our classes. Thank you very much for attending.

Curt
    EDGE Training Group

Top Bottom