• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    A special thanks to Dan (minuteman32) for instructing the first INGO Utah Non-Resident Permit class.

Another thanks to Bill (Bill of Rights) for organizing the event.

Almost everyone that signed up was present. We had a moment of silence for ryanmercer and Pami, as they were unable to attend.

It was nice to put some faces to names and screen names. I got closer to my quest to meet Rhino, as his older, wiser brother obijohn was there.

There really isn't much to report on the content of the class, as it was exactly what you would expect a "basic" class to be. I did, however, learn of a DA/SA Webley revolver!!

A few light observations:
    • If I'm ever pulled over for a traffic violation, I hope I'm in Speedway and I hope its Dan (minuteman32).
    • Jeff (Hiram Abiff) was friendly as always, even though we had no beer OR peanuts.
    • Bill (Bill of Rights) was younger and had more facial hair than I had expected.
    • Chris (Cwood) drove all the way here from the South Bend area.
    • Lars (W9ZEB) will own a Glock. . . . someday.
    • Dan (minuteman32) has a great license plate: PRO2A
    The only downside is that I had to report to work immediately after the class and several of the guys were headed to Logan's Roadhouse to talk guns and eat ribs!! No fair!:cheers:

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    i would like to second the positive report on the class. and a big thanks to BOR, esrice and minuteman32 for their efforts. well presented class. highly recommended.

kup

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    NW IN
    Great instructor, students, accommodations and the :):snacks made the day.

Thanks to everyone for putting it together!

kup

Last edited:

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Almost everyone that signed up was present. We had a moment of silence for ryanmercer and Pami, as they were unable to attend.

aww.. so sweet. :)

And remember everyone,,, not a word to Pami. That goes for you too Lars!!:popcorn2:
    *peers around suspiciously*

Well, I'm glad everyone had a good time and managed to hold my husband hostage for the five hours following the class....apparently he got home about twenty minutes before I did, and I left work late! Crazy last minute shoppers coming in at 8:57. Sheesh. ;)

Looking forward to the next one! :)

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    A special thanks to Dan (minuteman32) for instructing the first INGO Utah Non-Resident Permit class.

Another thanks to Bill (Bill of Rights) for organizing the event.

It was nice to put some faces to names and screen names. I got closer to my quest to meet Rhino, as his older, wiser brother obijohn was there.

There really isn't much to report on the content of the class, as it was exactly what you would expect a "basic" class to be. I did, however, learn of a DA/SA Webley revolver!!

A few light observations:
    • If I'm ever pulled over for a traffic violation, I hope I'm in Speedway and I hope its Dan (minuteman32).
    • Jeff (Hiram Abiff) was friendly as always, even though we had no beer OR peanuts.
    • Bill (Bill of Rights) was younger and had more facial hair than I had expected.
    • Chris (Cwood) drove all the way here from the South Bend area.
    • Lars (W9ZEB) will own a Glock. . . . someday.
    • Dan (minuteman32) has a great license plate: PRO2A
    The only downside is that I had to report to work immediately after the class and several of the guys were headed to Logan's Roadhouse to talk guns and eat ribs!! No fair!:cheers:
    I posted this in the other thread, but I'll re-post it here as well:

I would like to thank obijohn, Hiram Abiff, kup, Cwood, lovemywoods, W9ZEB, baune, bwframe, Geta2J (and Mrs. Geta2J! :) ), and most especially esrice (and his Mrs. who put together the munchies) and our instructor, minuteman32, for an informative, interesting, and fun class. We had two who are not on this BB also attend, for a total of 14 students who will soon be able to carry in 33 states.

Evan, if you would please thank your GM for donating the room as well, I would appreciate it.

Blessings,
    Bill

Also, Evan, if it's any consolation, none of us had ribs. Um... and it was awful, really. Yeah. Yeah, that's it... no need to feel jealous....

Damn, I can't lie worth :poop:. The food was good and the company was better.

What's wrong with facial hair?
    smiley_beard.gif

To one and all, :cheers:

Blessings,
    B

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Nothing is wrong with facial hair. . I'm partial to it myself!

Pami we decided that you get to plan the next Utah class. A paper-machet (sp?) tank would be cool there too.

Bill- who was 'buane'? I can't find the name on the site. Were the two non-INGO folks the gentlemen with his daughter?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Nothing is wrong with facial hair. . I'm partial to it myself!

Pami we decided that you get to plan the next Utah class. A paper-machet (sp?) tank would be cool there too.

Bill- who was 'buane'? I can't find the name on the site. Were the two non-INGO folks the gentlemen with his daughter?

Evan, baune was in the front row, to minuteman32's left. (it's "baune", not "buane")
    And yes, the two folks not (yet) on INGO were on the opposite side of the room from where I was.

Thanks, Fenway, I'm glad it came together on the site also!

Blessings,
    Bill

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    My AAR: Utah Concealed Carry License Class | W9ZEB Dot Org

On July 19th, 2008 I was able to take a 4 hour classroom class required by Utah for a non-resident carry permit, organized by a few of the members over at Indiana Gun Owners. This class is basically a Utah Law specific version of the NRA Basic Pistol class, which I have also taken. However unlike NRA Basic Pistol, having completed this class will allow me to obtain a Utah Non-Resident concealed weapons permit.

As expected this class covered the four cardinal rules of firearm safety.
    1. Always treat a gun as if it is loaded.
    2. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on target, and you have made the decision to shoot.
    3. Never point your firearm at something you are not willing to destroy.
    4. Always know your target, and what is beyond it.
    We also covered the basic components of the two most common types of hand guns, Revolvers and Semi-Automatics. We discussed rim fire versus center fire rounds, and the components that make them up. We discussed the laws in Utah regarding what is and is not legal when carrying a firearm.

Part of this discussion moved towards the requirements for using deadly force in self defense. There are three criteria that need to be met.
    1. Does this person intend to cause great bodily harm, or death.
    2. Does this person have the ability to carry out his intent.
    3. Does this person have the opportunity to carry out his intent.
    #1. Is basically stating do you believe this person intends to harm you or another? Is he waving a gun saying “I’m going to kill you if you don’t do….” or does he have a knife that he’s holding in a threatening manner? Is he high on meth, and determined you are between him and his next fix?

#2. Is this person able to cause great bodily harm, or death? Does he have a gun? Is he 20, with his would-be victim an 80 year old man? Is he carrying a baseball bat? Etc.

#3. Does the person have the opportunity? If he’s within 21′ with no obstacles between him and his target, he can cross that distance in less time than it takes to draw and fire a pistol. Now, if he is on the phone, and says “I have a gun, and I’m coming over to your house in 5 min. to kill you.” He does NOT have opportunity, and only an idiot would wait at home for him to arrive.

The class covered a lot more scenarios than this. There was a lot of discussion about Indiana Law and how it differs from Ohio, or Utah Law. In general I’m glad I took this class. Not just because it allows me to apply for a Utah non-resident carry license, but because the opportunity to discuss ideas, law, and overall guns with like-minded individuals was time well spent.

Thanks to the Indiana Gun Owners website for setting this class up. And thanks to the instructors and fellow students who made this class as good as it was.

Last edited:

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Did Russell F. show up? He and I work together and I was espousing the virtue of a Utah Non-Res last week. I looked up the folks in Indiana qualified to teach (3) and sent him the contact info. He called one of 'em up who told him there was a class in Greenwood Saturday.

I hope he made it down. Small world. That was before I discovered INGO.

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    Thank you for the kind words & positive reports (the payment is in the mail to each of you (-;

I wish I could've gone to eat w/ y'all, but as one or two of you might have heard, I got a call near the end of the class informing me that my mom had a stroke & was in the hospital, so I had to go. Just lost my dad in April, so any prayers y'all want to send regarding my mom are appreciated.

I will look forward to the next INGO UT class in the future.

Thank you all for coming (I usually try to send out an email to all who attend, but am running around like a chicken with its head off lately.... sorry).

Thanks again!
    Dan (MM32)

baune

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    North side of Indy
    hey everyone, first of all thank you to all the locals who set up the UT CC class, it is greatly appreciated from a non-hoosier. Since you are all so knowledgable, I was wondering if you guys had any recommendations for handgun ranges around the NW side of Indianapolis, around Eagle Creek reservoir. I made the mistake of venturing into "Don's Guns" when I first arrived in the area... anything better/safer around the area?

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I had a great time at his class earlier this year. And I will admit that I finally got my paperwork in the mail!

(please note that there is a time limit on how long you can put things off...)

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    hey everyone, first of all thank you to all the locals who set up the UT CC class, it is greatly appreciated from a non-hoosier. Since you are all so knowledgable, I was wondering if you guys had any recommendations for handgun ranges around the NW side of Indianapolis, around Eagle Creek reservoir. I made the mistake of venturing into "Don's Guns" when I first arrived in the area... anything better/safer around the area?

There is a pistol range at Eagle Creek Park. The rangemaster and several of the range officers are regulars here, so I'm sure you'll get details soon. I think there is a website, but I don't know the URL. Google is your friend.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Class of '08, reup time again.

20230815_195619.jpg

I'm thinking I'll try the phone reapplication method to avoid getting an updated passport photo?

Top Bottom