• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swmp9jrm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NCO
    Got my Utah CC permit yesterday (thanks for the training, Soonerdoggy). It came with a letter stating that it is valid assuming that the fingerprint card/background check is not kicked back by the FBI. It was a form letter, so I don't think the statement applies to me specifically. I'm curious as to why they would issue the permit and then invalidate it if the FBI nixes it. I don't know of any reason why the fingerprint card or background check would be an issue for me, so I'm assuming that I won't have to deal with this - but I'm curious none-the-less.

Any of you folks that have applied for a Utah permit ever had it revoked after it was issued due to FBI denial or problems with the fingerprint card?

gunblawg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    I haven't been on for a long time but I'm an instructor and do fingerprinting at my classes here in Utah. Fingerprints are the most commonly rejected part of the application. It really depends on how proficient the person is doing the prints. I've had no more than a handful come back. Funny thing is, the FBI is so backlogged on processing the prints, you might not know for 6 months whether they were rejected. If it happens, they send you a new card and you just got to a local LEO office and they should be able to do a set for you.

Soonerdoggy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Richmond, IN
    Hey great, glad you got the permit and thanks for taking the class.
    Your prints should be fine but if they do get kicked, let me know and I will pay any costs for you getting them redone locally since you came so far.
    It is a form letter that goes out to all as they sent me one way back when I got my Utah permit and had mine taken at the local Sheriff's Dept.
    A friend in Dayton had his kicked back that were taken by the Mont Co Sheriff Dept when he got a Florida permit a couple of years ago, so It can happen, but again, shouldnt be a big deal for you.
    Congratulations and above all....BE SAFE !

Top Bottom