• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    No, you cannot have 14 wives. You may, however, have 1.

Polygamy is a mischaracterization of the position of LDS.

Enforcement of the 1890 Manifesto caused various splinter groups to leave the LDS Church in order to continue the practice of plural marriage.[63] Polygamy among these groups persists today in Utah and neighboring states as well as in the spin-off colonies. Polygamist churches of Mormon origin are often referred to as "Mormon fundamentalist" even though they are not a part of the LDS Church. Such fundamentalists often use a purported 1886 revelation to John Taylor as the basis for their authority to continue the practice of plural marriage.[64] The Salt Lake Tribune stated in 2005 there were as many as 37,000 fundamentalists with less than half of them living in polygamous households.[65]

A little tidbit for you from Wikipedia. Thanks for the effort though.

cookie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Henry co.
    I've asked a lot of native born and bred Hoosiers, and they couldn't tell me either.

I can be so brave, what exactly is the etymology of the word, Hoosier? BACK IN THE GOOD OLD DAY'S PEOPLE IN THIS AREA IF SOME ONE KNOCKED ON THERE DOOR THEY SAID HOO'S THERE NOT WHO'S THERE,THEN THEY CALLED THE PEOPLE THAT LIVED IN THIS AREA HOOSIERS,I DON'T KNOW FOR A FACT THAT'S RIGHT

MrsXtremeVel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    In 1984, I was on a band trip to New York City. I was in one of the gift shops below the World Trade Center and the cashier asked where I was from. I told her Indiana. She says, " Oh! Isn't that the HOSER state?" :D

The song " Take Off " by Bob and Doug McKenzie was really popular at that time!

tmkr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    I've asked a lot of native born and bred Hoosiers, and they couldn't tell me either.

I can be so brave, what exactly is the etymology of the word, Hoosier? BACK IN THE GOOD OLD DAY'S PEOPLE IN THIS AREA IF SOME ONE KNOCKED ON THERE DOOR THEY SAID HOO'S THERE NOT WHO'S THERE,THEN THEY CALLED THE PEOPLE THAT LIVED IN THIS AREA HOOSIERS,I DON'T KNOW FOR A FACT THAT'S RIGHT
    Thats pretty much the way I got it ,cept when someone was knockin on the door you hollered somethin like hoos-air or hoos-ear

5th,at least ,generation hoosier

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    So they went with old war horse (charger), didn't guys use to call their mothers-in-law that.

Maybe the new term for stupid bastards should be school board.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron

If I can be so brave, what exactly is the etymology of the word, Hoosier?

I heard it came from a bar fight where somebody had lost an ear, and the bartender picked it up and asked "Whos ear!?"

Top Bottom