Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN

RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    There was one at Big Daddy's in Hagerstown but it sold already. They have a couple more ordered.

I like it better than the KSG.

Last edited:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Some of the intial testing on them by guys and gals at Arfcom 'sez they aren't worth it. They aren't heavy, but they are expensive (roughly 1200-1500 per from their observations).

Keltec is missing out on the boat, big time. I hate the KSG, but guys love 'em. They make only a few and then dealers/individuals mark them up HUGE compared to even MSRP. Yes, supply and demand, but dios mio. There were some going for 2k on Gunbroker a while ago. $2k and the thing barely runs (all the ones I have personally seen, jammomatics). Plus, they take forever to load and are ungainly to do so (ever notice why they don't show reloading on the demo videos...)

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    I wouldn't take a UTAS if they were giving them away for free.

While I admit that Kel-Tec is dropping the ball big time on their production of the KSG, I think it is much higher quality than the UTAS is currently based on what I have seen/heard so far.

Both are interesting shotguns, with different approaches taken. I just think the KSG is better executed and is ambidextrous (LH friendly), which is a big deal to me.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I routinely use everything I own for sporting purposes. Can you imagine if I took that firearm onto the skeet field during a registered program, stood under the high house on station one and hollered "pull" ? I'll bet there would be a lot of people talking behind my back....

AttackMonkey

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Nomad
    RGriff-what do you not like about the UTS? I watched a comparison video on youtube and there were some plusses and minuses to both but they didn't seem to have a strong opinion. They also didn't seem to think either jammed very much...?

Top Bottom