• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clayshooter99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Anybody here purchased UTV or ATV from Westfield Power Sports. Been looking with them and really want to buy in Indiana but I am not sure I will be able to get that done. Salesman is very nice to talk to, but above him are the "fees" and the added accessories that raise the price a lot. Just wondering of any INGO personal experiences with them or anywhere else for a Side X Side purchase.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    My advice would be to do a bit of research on the fees. My understanding is that the manufacturers charge the dealers for delivery (makes sense) and they pass that cost along which also makes sense. Other fees I’d do some research on, just to make sure they’re legit.

I wouldn’t buy a single accessory from the dealer when purchasing a new UTV without doing some searching online for pricing. They may make the best offer but they may not and typically, if I believe there is an incentive for them to sell something, there’s an incentive for me to do some looking around on prices.

Shop around as well. You probably won’t find much difference in the posted prices between dealerships but there’s no harm in telling them you plan to find the best deal among the “x” number of dealers you’re prepared to talk to. Don’t try to fudge the numbers to get a better deal, just be honest and up front that you need your dollars to go as far as possible.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    What is the inventory situation? Could be a way dealers are trying to stay in business with low inventory by loading up accessories to make the deal.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I've been in there a bunch since they support my '21 KTM Duke R 890. I think they have competitive pricing but don't let them upsale you into a bunch of crap you don't want or need. It's all up to you to decide if they get your money or you go elsewhere.

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    I didn't buy my UTV there but I took it there early this year. There were two repairs; one was simple and the other was a complicated diagnose. Both were done right the first time. The service staff was helpful and easy to work with. There were a few downsides but mostly understandable. They were backed up three weeks on service but I made an appointment. It was another week or so after the appointment before they started work and communication from them was spotty.

The OEM part was out of stock and delivery was months out due to global supply chain problems. Instead of telling me tough luck they sourced an aftermarket part and installed it.

Overall I was ok with the experience and will go back. In fact my wife is looking for a bike and we'll shop there.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I've got a side by side for sale in the classifieds. No hidden fees, no taxes, no kidding.

Top Bottom