• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    So I wanted to know if anyone has had some experience with these. They look like a blast.

I found 2 reviews about each that speak well of them both..

iwi-uzi-22lr-walther-cover.jpg Imgp2661.jpg

American Rifleman | Uzi Rifle .22 Long Rifle

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/walther-umarex-22lr-uzi-copy/

Gun Review: Umarex/Colt AR 15 - 22 - The Truth About Guns

Colt M4 Ops .22LR AR15 Rimfire Review

I have read on these and also the Colt AR 15 M4 OPs 22LR and the S&W MP22. I want to get my wife involved so I have someone to go to the range with. These look like a blast to shoot and I need to do something with the .22LR stash.

If you have shot any one of the three or have any comments, please do. I searched INGO and read a little but there is not so much on here about them.

Also - most will have or own the S&W MP22 and I can see getting one of those in 'pink' for the wife. For now the Walther's seem intriguing to me. They have H&K's, MP5's, and the STG44 among others.

Attachments

• 2012122183341-uzirifle22_f.jpg
      2012122183341-uzirifle22_f.jpg
      7.4 KB · Views: 3

IndyLongColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    Morgan County
    ....don't have any personal experience with either, but I'm also a bit interested. I'm wanting an mp40 version though more. I think GSG? makes one...

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    nothing with the colt, but with the hk416/22(same gun just with different markings) my dad has a hk416/22, its been a good gun, no issues, look around, the colts are pretty cheap, now my observations, they look like a ar15, and that's about it, the bolt catch doesn't function,(lock open on empty) the dust cover doesn't function,(it opens when you charge the gun) but wont kick open if you pull the trigger, and has 25 round mags.

if I were looking for a true 22 caliber ar15, I'd look an a m&p 15/22, no dust cover, but it has a working bolt catch(ie it locks open on empty), and you can get 30 round mags. so more realistic training than the colt/hk.

as for the 22 caliber uzi, I got nothing

medcoxo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Indy, Westside
    The uzi and such look pretty cool. I am a 15 - 22 guy. It is the closest you can get to a true AR. No 22LR is going to have the forward assist. There is a you tube video where a guy added a dust cover. Not an issue for me, since I do not plan on going to any desert again anytime soon!!

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Another MP15-22 owner here. Love it. Whatever you get make sure it has a threaded barrel. A 22lr is even better with a suppressor

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    The uzi and such look pretty cool. I am a 15 - 22 guy. It is the closest you can get to a true AR. No 22LR is going to have the forward assist. There is a you tube video where a guy added a dust cover. Not an issue for me, since I do not plan on going to any desert again anytime soon!!

Check out CMMG dedicated uppers. Mine has both a forward assist and an dust cover.

https://www.cmmginc.com/shop/upper-group-mk4-pdw-22lr/

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Well I got them in.. Here are the first impressions..

UZI - just plain the bomb....can not wait to fire it.

M4 OPs - intersting, weighs about 80% an bare AR, but you really have to be finicky to notice it is not one. I might get a S&W just for comparisons at some point but this one had what I thought I needed. I need to get my wife to shoot with me. She had a bad experience with my AR when she tried it and this gun has one MAIN purpose, get her used to shooting an AR. A S&W is too light. I can not wait to shoot it but for me the UZI is first.

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Wow are they fun to shoot. The UZI is accurate also, well for that matter both are as I was shooting at 50 yards with iron sights. They both grouped well. I think I will put a reflex style sight on the M4 as it would be easier on these old eyes. The reason I know this is I put one on my SR556 and I was shocked at the first grouping at 100 yards. Now do not forget, I am aiming at the center of the paper as best I can see it and all 10 shots were inside a softball, with Wolf ammo. All I needed to do at that point was adjust the reflex left and up, but I ran out of ammo. I have another sight like it and will add it to the .22 M4 Colt.

But for shear joy, the UZI rocked, the wife loved it. It ate all ammo except some pre-damaged rounds that slipped into the bucket. Once off to Blazer, it did not even attempt a hiccup. It was just FUN!

Side note: The Ruger American 9mm is now my favorite 9mm, move over XD you have been had.......

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I had the Colt a few years ago and I would not recommend it, for starters the barely is a pencil profile with a shroud and if I remember correctly you can't take the bolt out so has to he clean in place. While it me be fun for a while I don't see it as something that would last so I sold mine, in the other hand I pick up a S&W 15-22 and after few thousand rounds later it looks like new and the beautiful thing is a lot of the standard AR15 will fit. Get the 15-22 and never look back.

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Well I found it easy to clean, accurate, and just plain fun. I would not mind getting a M&P someday but for now this one will work a bit better for me to get the wife used to shooting an AR and it seems more 'real'. The S&W is just to light....not that the M4 is as heavy as an AR but it seems more close. I enjoy it and bought a 10 Round Mag for it as the 30 is a wee bit long..That is almost sacrilege I know but on a bench rest the 30 was too much.

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Well I bought my Daughter a Muddy Girl S&W MP-22 2nd Gen, and I will say it is nice indeed. It is light, very light compared to the M4. When we have a range day then I can directly compare. The family is complete we all have AR's now.

Top Bottom