Vacation travel by car: What do you take along?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    An assault rifle sitting in the passenger seat and two more assault rifles, high-capacity magazines and ammunition and a five-gallon bucket with chemicals that could be used to make an explosive device in the trunk.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    An assault rifle sitting in the passenger seat and two more assault rifles, high-capacity magazines and ammunition and a five-gallon bucket with chemicals that could be used to make an explosive device in the trunk.

Don't you have to file paperwork with BATFE if you transport your assault rifles or any other NFA item across state lines?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    No, I'm traveling straight through to California so no worries.

I never understood how the exemptions worked for interstate travel of assault weapons and explosives. Thanks for explaining.

Do you plan to stop in AZ to pickup some completely legal rifles and handguns? There should be a Wendy's somewhere close to the interstate.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I never understood how the exemptions worked for interstate travel of assault weapons and explosives. Thanks for explaining.

Do you plan to stop in AZ to pickup some completely legal rifles and handguns? There should be a Wendy's somewhere close to the interstate.

Yes, Also a stop over in Colorado for all natural hunger enhancement products.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm sure someone has posted this sentiment before, but today it just struck me: some days I have more to say on the forum than others, but I have to check in every day to see what wisdom Rhino has brought us!

You are clearly an erudite and perceptive individual, sir!

Don't forget that apparently if have all of those items, any laws about not murdering or otherwise harming people do not apply.

Yes, Also a stop over in Colorado for all natural hunger enhancement products.

Hoodlum!

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I'm sure someone has posted this sentiment before, but today it just struck me: some days I have more to say on the forum than others, but I have to check in every day to see what wisdom Rhino has brought us!

I do the same ! :D

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    I'm driving down to Florida in October with 2-3 other members of The Well Armed Woman. I don't know for sure what they're bringing (I expect them to all bring an EDC gun) but I will have my LCP and my XDM, extra mags for both and ammo. Also my CERT medical gear and EDC pocket gear.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    A coach gun sxs in either 20 gauge or 12 gauge plus a couple of J frame revolvers in .357 magnum...A 640-1 hammer less and a 3 inch model 60 pre lock with adjustable sights...

The sxs breaks down into a 20 inch package and doesn't look intimidating from any view other than straight on....

side-by-side-shotgun.jpg

Top Bottom