Valpo more dangerous than Gary...Oh Rly?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • One Shot One Kill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Near The Dunes
    :ugh::laugh:

They're trying to recruit minority officers? Maybe I'm just ignorant, but isn't seeking someone due to skin color just as bad as trying to avoid hiring them? Seems at that point it's more of a publicity stunt than anything else.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    If she feels safer in Gary than Valpo, then why didn't she stay in Gary and raise her children there. I think we all know that answer to that one.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    To anyone out there still wearing a badge you have my utmost respect......I can see how it may be difficult to switch careers, plus I know there is a calling to do this work that is not based on dollars but a sense of commitment to your fellow man and community...

With that being said I am surprised more officers have not pulled a Cartman....

[video=youtube;Az5gp87ROOs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az5gp87ROOs[/video]

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    We have had one allegedly race-related policing issue that made the local news in several years (not even Valpo police) and it was dealt with, as far as I can see, in a very open and appropriate manner.

Tensions high at meeting in Valparaiso over controversial traffic stop | Porter County News | nwitimes.com

...so I fail to see any pattern of anything with our local law enforcement, nor our citizens- who, contrary to popular belief come in a variety of colors, ethnicities and races, which should cause anyone rational to believe there was more "danger" of any type in Valparaiso than in Gary.

After all, this isn't Lafayette.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    :ugh::laugh:

They're trying to recruit minority officers? Maybe I'm just ignorant, but isn't seeking someone due to skin color just as bad as trying to avoid hiring them? Seems at that point it's more of a publicity stunt than anything else.

Well, ya. Specifically seeking one class naturally avoids another.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The idea being promoted today that one can only be treated justly by a member of one's own race/religion/sex/ethinicity/etc. is a colossal step backwards and should offend everyone.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The idea being promoted today that one can only be treated justly by a member of one's own race/religion/sex/ethinicity/etc. is a colossal step backwards and should offend everyone.

Yep...I always heard that lady was blindfolded...

justice.gif

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    “The police and the policed are from different worlds,” Bodensteiner said. “We are so segregated.”

#1 We're all "policed". Why one encounters the police more often or why those encounters go south should be examined...but the current "right" answer is that it's the fault of the police.

#2 Sure we're segregated, but the segregation I observe most often is economic, not racial, and the two are not the same. I refuse to believe that African-American people are a monolithic group characterized by being urban poor which the liberal "white-guilt" people I encounter seem to think is the case. I can't believe it because I know it not to be true.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    When all you hear or read is about how the police are against you, you start to believe the police are against you.
    The media did this.

Like people that are afraid of guns for no reason. Not been shot. Not been threatened. Etc. But they see one, and they start shaking in fear, because of TV.

Top Bottom