• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have a friend that has a Thompson from Auto Ordnance that he needs to sell to fund a different project. He says the gun was never fired and that the magazine has never been loaded. It's one of the ones that has a gold plated set of sights, trigger and safety and is described as perfect. It's spent it's life in a display case and was owned by a WWII Vet at one time. He says that it's a 45ACP and that it has a 20 round box mag. I've asked for photos, but have none right now.

I can find basic stock Auto Ordnance Thompsons new for around $1000. The company that built this one asks almost $3000 which seems like highway robbery to me. Is there any value in a 'collector' edition Thompson over and above the value of a normal one?

Are the Auto Ordnance Thompson's worth having as a shooter? I don't recall hearing much about them good or bad. I really would not mind having one someday, but I'm not a fan of gold plated anything and would not pay extra for something I'd need to remove. Anyone have an Auto Ordnance Thompson, and if so, what is your experience?

My thinking is that this gun would only be of interest to a few folks with it's gold parts, but that it would have a bit broader appeal in more of a stock form. But, then it would be worth less than a grand that way.

Are these decent shooters or is it best left in its display case?

Top Bottom