• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    Not sure if this should be posted in this section but with a frame of thought towards 'what should you do'... the message below was posted by a friend on fb today (lives in Florida). My thought, depending on the number of youthful hoodlums, would be to immediately call 911 then hit the yutes with a bright floodlight, while shouting some authoritative and salty language. I'd love to fire off a number of 7.62x54 or x39 fireball blanks in hopes of getting a few of the yungin's to shart their shorts, but that would not be very considerate to my neighbors. Here is the fb post:

"This morning my family and I were awoken at 1am to what we thought would turn out to be an annoying, but harmless, youthful toilet papering. Twelve hours later, we're still doing our sleepy best to wash away eggs, chocolate syrup, raw chicken, canned tuna, sardines, vaseline, and flour from our house, driveway, and our son's 6 month old car. Rather than a "youthful prank" this is a severe case of property damage.

Although my son went to the car wash at 2:30am, we now find vaseline was shoved into the side mirrors and door locks; washing the flour, egg, and chocolate syrup concoction formed a hard, thick paste that has now dried and baked into the seams and settled into the rubber window seals, etc.

We have at least half a dozen 1'-3' diameter stains on our house walls where eggs were thrown and again, although we did our best to wash this all up during the night, we now find even our residential grade power washer isn't getting the job done. Eggs settled into the window frames of our upstairs bedrooms, and fish into the landscaping around our home. There are only a few areas inside our house where you don't smell the odor of eggs and fish coming in from outdoors.

At a minimum we will have to hire a professional pressure washer. I don't know what my son is going to do about his car, but needless to say, he is devastated.

I'm not writing this post to be dramatic, garner sympathy, or even just to vent. I'm writing because there is a better than not chance that someone knows who did this. We don't want retribution, or to get anyone in trouble, we just want something that is very rare these days - personal RESPONSIBILITY. I pray that someone's mom or dad sees this and is willing to step up and have their child take responsibility for what they did. This has the potential to be a several thousand dollar prank that very transparently, we can't afford right now."

How would Ingo'ers respond to this situation in the heat of the moment. From the post it sounds like the homeowners were awake and witnessing the vandalism.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Do what he should have done--call the cops so they can investigate the crime.

No offense to your friend, but he should have protected his property rights more by calling the cops.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    The son knows who did this. Just a matter of convincing him that the motto "snitches get stitches" is for thugs that will die before age 30.

"while shouting some authoritative and salty language." A curse word to get attention is appropriate. Hearing a string of salty language read out in a court transcript after one of the yutes walked in front of a piece of lead will make you look like a bad guy no matter how right you are.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The son knows who did this. Just a matter of convincing him that the motto "snitches get stitches" is for thugs that will die before age 30.

"while shouting some authoritative and salty language." A curse word to get attention is appropriate. Hearing a string of salty language read out in a court transcript after one of the yutes walked in front of a piece of lead will make you look like a bad guy no matter how right you are.

You betcha he knows who did this. He has Pi$$ed in somebody's Wheaties. That is where I would start.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Yep, call the squads. And the first person I'd 'interrogate' would be the victim's children (if any in addition to the son with the 6 month old car). There's a more-than-likely chance they or he knows exactly who did it, and why.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I completely agree with calling the police, convincing the son to name names and following through on prosecution and civil proceedings if necessary...

...and I kind of doubt that will make anyone feel better about the situation if that's what they're looking for.

Oh and what, no one has homeowners or car insurance?

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Guaranteed that it's one of the son's so called friends. Call the police, call your insurance co. Give the son the third degree. Get a 1000 Lumen flashlight with strobe.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Well, you could put on a kilt, some woad, and walk out into the yard with a claymore, either the sword or the anti personnel mine, and moon them. If that didn't work, turn loose the flaming chickens. I find that in tricky circumstances I just ask myself, wwwwd?

Other than that, I'd probably call the cops, try to get a description, and yell mean things.

Top Bottom