• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I just got home from seeing George Strait at Verizon Wireless and wanted to share a few thoughts. First, having the security personnel check me for weapons by running their hands around my waist was pointless. Anybody with an ankle holster could have walked right past them. At this point, they aren't really stopping guns from being brought into the show if somebody really wanted to bring one. Second, how do they sleep at night charging the prices they charge for concessions?? I knew going in that prices would be high but they may as well slap you and call you a whore after you get out of the concession line. A 20oz bottle of Coke was $5 and a 24oz beer was $11!! On a positive note, it only took about 5 minutes to get out of the parking lot and the show was good!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    I'll be there tomorrow to see a show....the concessions prices come as no shock, and I'm really hoping I don't get thirsty while I'm there, as I've been told they don't allow you to bring water in with you, and I refuse to pay a ridiculous markup for something I can get out of my tap for pennies on the dollar.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    Damn. Not just the prices at the concession but the fact that I wanted to go to that show. Would like to see George in concert at least once.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    I saw Journey (Yes, Journey! Shut up!) there a few years back. It's a decent place but yeah, the stick it to you on prices!

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    On a positive note, it only took about 5 minutes to get out of the parking lot and the show was good!
    How did you get out of the parking lot in five minutes???? A friend was at a concert a couple weeks ago and was twittering that he'd been sitting in the same spot for 30 minutes waiting to get out. I live a mile south of there, and the way they have all the roads going around the place make me dizzy even when there isn't concert traffic. :n00b:

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    How did you get out of the parking lot in five minutes???? A friend was at a concert a couple weeks ago and was twittering that he'd been sitting in the same spot for 30 minutes waiting to get out. I live a mile south of there, and the way they have all the roads going around the place make me dizzy even when there isn't concert traffic. :n00b:

I was very lucky on where they parked me. I ended up in 2 Red which happened to be right next to one of the exits. I've been there many times before and have gotten into the habit of bringing a cooler of sodas to wait it out. When we got back to the car I saw people heading out that exit at a nice pace and thought, "holy crap I can get right out of here." From there it was straight out on Greenfield to 37 and south back to Indy. :yesway:

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    I was at the george show as well. They ran their hands around my waist and found my leatherman skeletool... told me I could throw it away or check it in.. I clipped it to my girlfriends bra and went to a different line...

The "security" was a complete joke, pretty much a waste of time /money.

We managed to bring some bags of chips, 2 flasks of rum and our sandwiches in though.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Yep, they have yet to find my P32. Their "search" is cursory at best, and definitely not productive. They have never once said anything to me about my pocket knife either. I wear one clipped inside my pocket, like lots of you, and it isn't concealed at all.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    G19 every time. The cursory search is useless. Buffett is in a couple weeks, I'll be there spending the outrageous concession prices, but not complaining. If I can afford the ticket, I can afford the beer.:dunno:

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    I think that VIP security checks you a lot thoroughly that or I just suck at concealing it. lol Anyways went to Verizon to see toby keith and Trace Adkins through VIP and all I had was my holster clipped to my belt on backside of my jeans no gun and the lady found it by feelin me up. She told me to take it off looked at and says, "why do you have a gun holster." I said ,"because i own a gun" She says, "well why would you bring it here?" I said, "because I was wearing my gun today." Then let me through and I clipped it back on my pants. Freakin sheeple!

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I'll be there tomorrow to see a show....the concessions prices come as no shock, and I'm really hoping I don't get thirsty while I'm there, as I've been told they don't allow you to bring water in with you, and I refuse to pay a ridiculous markup for something I can get out of my tap for pennies on the dollar.

They will let you take in an unopened bottle of water. I've done it for more shows that I can count. Also, if you get good at removing the lids so they can't tell, you can fill your bottle with any clear liquid and they won't check it. ;)

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    No problems if they did...it's not really considered a deadly weapon is it? More like a bb gub :D

:D

The way I figure it, if I have to use it it will be because either I couldn't run fast enough, or had nowhere to run, so it's gonna be pressed into the BG just before I press the trigger, in which case it'll probably get the job done. :rockwoot:

Top Bottom