• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anybody have one, or any experience with one???? They look intresting wonder how well they actually work. Thanks everyone.

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    im just looking for opinions. they are small IWB holsters, that u actually slide it onto polymer tab that goes into the barrel. I read about them in handgunner magazine and just wanted to know if someone has seen them at a show or something. They look intresting just curious how good they actually work, how comfortable they are.

indybuell

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Bargersville
    Do a search. I've posted several reviews plus a 6 month report.

Summary. I liked them. I have them for my springfield, but I don't like them on the glock. With the springfield, I think that their trigger guard is adequate with the grip safety on the XDm. But on the glock, there is too much chance of the trigger getting snagged, and then bad **** happens. For the glock I use a fully encased trigger guard on a hybrid holster.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Not being able to reholster one-handed (without going through a whole rigmarole), or use your holster as a 3rd hand - really limits your defensive options.

Latewatch

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Henryville, IN
    Not being able to reholster one-handed (without going through a whole rigmarole), or use your holster as a 3rd hand - really limits your defensive options.

I received one of these in a shooters bag at one of the matches I attended. I played with it for a few days and while the concept is neat it leaves a lot to be desired. I agree with cosermann that the big deal killer for me is the fact that you can't reholster without taking the whole rig off.

Survey says..... :noway:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I received one of these in a shooters bag at one of the matches I attended. I played with it for a few days and while the concept is neat it leaves a lot to be desired. I agree with cosermann that the big deal killer for me is the fact that you can't reholster without taking the whole rig off.

Survey says..... :noway:

Not all holsters need to be one-hand only reholstering.

Case in point - the Vanguard from Raven Concealment Systems.

It (the Vanguard) is a minimalist holster intended for deep concealment. The difference being that the Vanguard is a trigger guard - completely covering the trigger of a gun. It's not meant for range work, it's not meant for one-handed reholstering.

For me, I'd rather use a Vanguard than a Versacarry due to the trigger protection. That said, I've never used a Vanguard and probably never will.

-J-

L. Cranston

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    ne. Indiana
    I just ordered one... I want something that comes on and off easily when I get to work. It will stay in the car.
    They have added a trigger guard to it, so that problem may be solved.
    It is not easy to reholster--looks like you have to take it off, put the gun on, then put it back on. Also, does not appear to have any tilt.
    Check out their site, its an interesting idea...
    I'll make comments later when I've had it for a while.

Blackdog765

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    I'm also looking for something that is easy on/off that can securely hold my G19 for trips into the store after work. My employer has a no gun policy, which makes holstering something after work into my dress pants with less than adequate belt a challenge.

I'm thinking appendix carry or small of back might be the simplest solution, but have yet to find anything that I like the form and function.

I have been thinking about one of these Versacarry holsters for some time - but they seem just a little too gimmicky to me.

elaw555

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I use one all the time with a Kahr CW45. No more or less stable than other single clip holsters available. Minimal bulk makes the profile very slim and not noticeable. I only use it for CCW so the fact that it isn't re-holsterable is a mute point. If the gun is coming out then the situation is ending without the need for me to re-holster.

GTM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    Bloomington +/- 20 miles
    I'm also looking for something that is easy on/off that can securely hold my G19 for trips into the store after work. My employer has a no gun policy, which makes holstering something after work into my dress pants with less than adequate belt a challenge.

I'm thinking appendix carry or small of back might be the simplest solution, but have yet to find anything that I like the form and function.

I have been thinking about one of these Versacarry holsters for some time - but they seem just a little too gimmicky to me.

Get a Raven Concealment Vanguard 2. It's very functional, simple, and inexpensive...and made by one of the best holster companies.

L. Cranston

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    ne. Indiana
    Update: I bought the holster because I wanted one that I could take on and off when arriving at work. I did not want to be obvious that I was taking off a holster if someone saw me wiggling around in my car sit. I’ve had the holster for about 3 weeks. The holding peg was too tight at first so I kept working the gun on and off to make it release more smoothly.
    The best thing about it is that it can be worn anywhere, on either side. The trigger guard can be mounted left hand or right. It works very well at appendix carry. At 4:00 or 6:00, it pushes back and is not as comfortable when sitting. Not perfect, but good at appendix.

L. Cranston

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    ne. Indiana
    Update: I bought the holster because I wanted one that I could take on and off when arriving at work. I did not want to be obvious that I was taking off a holster if someone saw me wiggling around in my car sit. I’ve had the holster for about 3 weeks. The holding peg was too tight at first so I kept working the gun on and off to make it release more smoothly.
    The best thing about it is that it can be worn anywhere, on either side. The trigger guard can be mounted left hand or right. It works very well at appendix carry. At 4:00 or 6:00, it pushes back and is not as comfortable when sitting. Not perfect, but good at appendix.

Top Bottom