• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Buchanan3514

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2014
    Greenwood
    I've been looking for a new EDC bag for just a general purpose type of deal. I've been looking at the Vertx Gamut EDC bag and I like the look of it, just wondered if anyone else has any experience with them, or Vertx in general. It was a new name to me, but they seem pretty solid. Haven't found much on the internets about them except for the same handful of Vertx-produced videos. Thanks!

EDC Gamut Plus Bag - Tactical Distributors- Tactical Gear

Buchanan3514

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2014
    Greenwood
    I did. I've been meaning to post a full review, as there wasn't much on it here, and I will in the near future. I've been using it for about a month now as a general around town or weekend EDC, and it's performed great. I had not had any experience with Vertx before, and I have to say this thing seems pretty bomb-proof. I really like the extent Vertx went to in designing in all the little pouches and pockets for awesome organization potential. I was very surprised to realize just how much I would appreciate the velcro-lined interior, as well.

I will say that I've only just begun experimenting with off-body carry in this bag. I'm having my share of issues, but I've yet to have the opportunity to devote any serious training time to mastering it. It's taking some real getting used to, but like any new system/approach, I'm sure it will come with an appropriate number of iterations.

I've still yet to see much on YouTube or anyplace else on this bag in terms of reviews or pictures/video (aside from Vertx's own), so I will try in the near future to do a more in-depth review and include those here.

If you have any specific questions in the meantime, fire away and I'll shed what light I can on the bag for you!

twfshelton

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    The woods of green
    I took the plunge and purchased the regular gamut in smoke gray. this thing is well worth the money. you can feel the quality difference from say a $100 or more Oakley backpack. Whoever designed it put a lot of thought into it. the only downside I have come up with, is if you use all the nooks and crannies it has, your EDC back will weight 100 pounds. I have been carrying a G19 with light in a Raven holster while I wait on their new Velcro belt adapter to show up. With this new adapter you can carry a belt holster in it that is held in position. If the need arises while you are out to belt on the holster you can. Very discreet, people at work have no idea there is a dedicated gun holster in my "lunch box". The other concern is by the time you put all your expensive gear inside, you may have $1000 in a neat package that could "walk" away. definitely a 2 thumbs up on the Vertx

Top Bottom