• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kaigar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    Ft. Wayne
    Alright, here's my predicament. I work for a large rent to own company, as an account manager. Part of my job involves checking on past-due accounts, and either getting payment or a commitment to pay, or collecting our products from the customer. After an altercation the other day where a knife was involved, I've decided it might be prudent to carry something on me while at work. Unfortunately, we aren't supposed to do that per company regulations, and my P95 is a bit too big to conceal effectively.

What sort of recommendations can I get for a decent, easily concealed handgun as well as how to CC in business casual dress with a tucked in polo shirt?

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Alright, here's my predicament. I work for a large rent to own company, as an account manager. Part of my job involves checking on past-due accounts, and either getting payment or a commitment to pay, or collecting our products from the customer. After an altercation the other day where a knife was involved, I've decided it might be prudent to carry something on me while at work. Unfortunately, we aren't supposed to do that per company regulations, and my P95 is a bit too big to conceal effectively.

What sort of recommendations can I get for a decent, easily concealed handgun as well as how to CC in business casual dress with a tucked in polo shirt?

Ankle carry, "Smart Carry"/"Thunderwear", or a holster shirt are probably the best options for ridiculously deep concealment. Remember, you're going to sacrifice accessibility for deep concealment. The gun is ultimately useless if you can't get to it when needed.

A tuckable IWB holster (MTAC of course) can virtually disappear and still be accessed fairly quickly. Also, depending on your build, AIWB in a tuckable holster is pretty invisible and if a bulge is noticed, no one is likely to ask about it.

I personally won't carry anything smaller than a 9mm, but I know we can argue that forever, so lets not make that the focus of this thread.

If I had to deep-conceal again, it would be a 9mm Shield in a tuckable AIWB rig.

Last edited:

Kaigar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    Ft. Wayne
    I'd really like to at least stay with a 9mm, and the lack of quick accessibility was one of my main concerns with an ankle holster or a belly band. I had considered a pocket holster, since the pants I wear have rather deep pockets. Also, forgive my ignorance, but what is does MTAC mean?

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    but what is does MTAC mean?
    It's the best leather/Kydex holster on the market IMHO.

Inside Waistband Holsters - Minotaur Holsters - products new home - Minotaur MTAC Holster

I've had one for every carry pistol I've ever owned.

406889236.jpg

There are other clip options for even better concealment.

Here's one tucked with the "C-Clips" (not me)

2j2z6eh.jpg

Last edited:

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    I pocket carry a Ruger LC9 when I want to absolutely CC without any chance of being found out. Also you could look at Kahr's PM9 for an even smaller pocket carry. Here is a video comparing the two.

[video=youtube_share;0Av9COfLB_Y]http://youtu.be/0Av9COfLB_Y[/video]

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Naa mini revolver. People can say what they want about it but its better than nothing and its tiny. With practice you can hit targets at 10-20 yards consistant

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    I carry my P95 in an IWB holster and nobody notices. Not even my wife until she hugs me. Depends on your body size, too.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'd really like to at least stay with a 9mm, and the lack of quick accessibility was one of my main concerns with an ankle holster or a belly band. I had considered a pocket holster, since the pants I wear have rather deep pockets. Also, forgive my ignorance, but what is does MTAC mean?

Alot of us would prefer to stay with 9 or higher, but the bigger the gun, the more likely you will be found out.

They make several interesting designs for the Ruger LCP sized pocket 380s. One is a thick square of leather with a holster attached. Sized perfectly to fit in your back pocket and look like a wallet or just disappear. (leather square goes out to mask the outline)

If you dont want anyone asking any questions under any circumstances (Hey, whats that attached to your belt, bulge under your shirt, poking out from under your pants leg, etc) , you are probably stuck with thunderwear or a pocket gun. At least with the thunderwear, if they notice, they will be too embarrased to ask. :):

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu

The above replies are plenty as far as gun/holster etc. recommendations, but I would also recommend you read and/or
    get some training on keeping situations from escalating verbally.
    I understand if someone is about to cause you serious bodily harm you must defend yourself,but if you can take care of it any other way that will be more than beneficial to you especially since you may be involved in tense situations on a regular basis.
    :twocents:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Beretta Nano 9mm in "jock" type holster... Most people won't look "there" as intently as around the waistband. With slightly baggy pants only a wand or metal detector will out you.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    A Kel-Tec P11 is about the same size as a .380, and gives you 12+1 (with optional flush-fitting mags) of 9mm. In a pocket holster with Dockers or similar 'baggy' dress-casual pants, it's virtually unnoticeable. Keep it in your strong hand pocket. IF there's a 'spidey sense' reason something might be a problem, keep the strong hand in the pocket, and hold the paperwork, etc. in the weak hand. And practice, practice, practice drawing smoothly and efficiently.

Not to thread-jack, but keep in mind that IF you ever are forced to bring the firearm into play (as you quite well could have with the knife incident) you most likely ARE going to lose the job over it. The 'customer' that has the firearm drawn on them (as could've happened in the knife incident) is likely going to call the LEO's and/or the rental company and squeal up a storm that you drew a 'weapon' on them for 'no REASON!'.

Those companies USED to send big, brawny 'bruiser' guys out to collect. I always thought that was funny, since I'm sure they're just as susceptible to bullet holes and knife wounds as any other bloke.

Be SAFE, first and foremost. But, if the company is putting people in harm's way and has an established policy that those employees are prohibited from defending themself, do ya REALLY want to work for such a company? :dunno:

Just a thought.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Kahr CM-9. smaller than a J-frame in every dimension, bigger then the .380's being listed, but still small enough to fit in a pocket holster and stay concealed. (I have one in my pocket right now). As far as a belly band goes. You can position the gun wherever you want with one, and as high up or low as you want. I typically have mine along the belt line so the gun sticks up above the belt at the appendix position. You can have one up on your stomach or around your waist...very versatile carry system.

BrentC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2014
    Louisville
    I carry my Glock 23 in a Crossbreed Supertuck and bought the Velcro clips along with the Crossbreed gun belt with the Velcro lining. With the Velcro clips attaching behind the belt, completely hidden, no worries at all in being caught.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    I carry my CM9 everywhere, I've got a pocket holster but find it too uncomfortable for carry outside the house (though it's in my pocket now).

A CM9 (or many similar sized guns) can be easily concealed with a t-shirt. Lots of holsters give you the option to tuck a shirt in over the gun too, so you can remain business presentable and still be armed. I can carry with my IWB holster all day outside of the house, out and about and walking around without discomfort. I'm sure you'll find something that works well for you too.

marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    I used to carry various .380's holstered in my front pocket. Then it was a 642. Now it's an LCR with a speedloader opposite. No one has ever made me. Either they don't notice or they don't care.

Top Bottom