• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    So I thought I would brag a little bit. I got in for free at the 1500 today. Yep, that's right, free! Drove to the fair grounds with a friend of mine, and his brother in law was working security there. Just let us walk on in. Very nice of him. Talked to him for a good while. Said he checked in hundreds of guns just today. He said he's all for people carrying, but he said he saw people today who have no business doing so. Said one guy had no idea if his handgun was loaded or not. He didn't know how to check. Another couldn't even rack the slide on his own gun. Weird.

Anyway, I got exactly what I went up there for. Got me a cool looking black INGO hat. And I became a site supporter. Got to meet curraheeguns, vupdblue, and saw cwood. I wanted to meet redneckmedic, but I heard he chickened out at the last minute. Pretty good day...

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    He said he's all for people carrying, but he said he saw people today who have no business doing so. Said one guy had no idea if his handgun was loaded or not. He didn't know how to check. Another couldn't even rack the slide on his own gun. Weird.

And if he'd asked for their LTCH I seriously doubt they would have been able to produce one.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    And if he'd asked for their LTCH I seriously doubt they would have been able to produce one.

I wouldn't know about that....I had my LTCH and took an NRA Basic course (ex's suggestion and a good one) and there were several people in the course that had NO idea how to work their guns. One older couple had figured going to the range and shooting would be "neat" to do together, only problem is she didn't have the strength to work the slide on the monster gun he bought her (can't remember what it was but it was BIG). She had to use another gun at the range to complete the course, a .22 revolver I believe. Another couple (and their son) had the same idea but with a couple of .22's...again, the wife couldn't work the slide. One other lady had a revolver but no idea what it was or how to unload it to bring it into the classroom. I believe that was a .38......LTCH does NOT equal ANY knowledge of guns at all. But yes, it still doesn't mean they had one. I have never been asked to provide LTCH in order to buy anything and I've been on the purchase end of quite a few guns over the past couple years.

just my :twocents:

Top Bottom