• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    If you catch components on sale you can lower the cost even more.
    I use TiteGroup powder with a 147gr bullet. It only takes 3.4 grains, so I get 2000 rounds out of 1 pound of powder.
    I buy Xtreme bullets when they are on sale for black Friday and the discounts are pretty good.
    Cabelas will sometimes have Sellier & Bellott primers for $19.99/1000, so watch for that.

I'm at about $.12/round, maybe less

Jerryboy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2016
    Terre haute
    I use TiteGroup powder with a 147gr bullet. It only takes 3.4 grains, so I get 2000 rounds out of 1 pound of powder.
    I buy Xtreme bullets when they are on sale for black Friday and the discounts are pretty good.
    Cabelas will sometimes have Sellier & Bellott primers for $19.99/1000, so watch for that.

I too use titegroup and extreme bullets. I have been reloading rifle for over 20 years and just started loading for pistols recently. Welcome to reloading. This is a hobby in and of its self. Its extremely awesome to find the magic load that your gun loves. Test it again and it shoots like a later beam and go home and press 1000. I didn't take up reloading to save at all. I wanted accuracy. It turned out to be fairly easy. Its also very nice to know there are no squib loads in my ammo. I have been buying win while box value packs just to get the brass. I'm recently happy about wet tumbling. There's no going back. My last 500 test loads didn't need cleaning. I just sized and reloaded them. Amazing. The wet tumblers do in 20 minutes what takes vibratory tumblers hours or days...

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013

$19.99/1000 is really good! What does Haz mat and shipping cost? I have been buying powder and primers from a local store to avoid Haz mat fees.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    $19.99/1000 is really good! What does Haz mat and shipping cost? I have been buying powder and primers from a local store to avoid Haz mat fees.
    I ordered S&B's from Cabela's earlier this year @ $19.99/1000 plus HM. I only had to get the order up to 6 boxes to beat any price nearby. I am into my 2nd 1000 with zero problems loading or going off.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013

Hazmat is usually about $20.00 if you buy 10k primers and some powder it doesn't hurt too bad but it doesn't make it worth it for small orders. I've been lucky enough to pick up all of my things either local or at shows etc like you.

I ordered S&B's from Cabela's earlier this year @ $19.99/1000 plus HM. I only had to get the order up to 6 boxes to beat any price nearby. I am into my 2nd 1000 with zero problems loading or going off.

I also have been shooting S&B primers for awhile. I've had 2 pistol primers in 3k not go off. And I've had 0 problems with the rifle primers in about 1k. At 2cents a piece for plinking stuff I'm honestly ok with 2 in 3K. Another guy I know using them though like you hasn't had a single issue.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    I bought 20k S&B primers from Cabela's over Christmas break, half and half SPP and SRP. I think I paid a bit over $14/k, had to make couple runs because of limites on my coupons.

So far I ran 2400 rds of 223, 230 rds of 300BLK and 900 of 9mm, not a single problem.

The only primers I had failure to ignite was 3 Tula SRP out of 5K.

phidelt208

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Its completely worth it if you have the time and you shoot a ton. I have more than paid for my all my reloading stuff.

Top Bottom