• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Wheeler78

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    NWI
    Hello I'm red/green color blind and was wondering if there could just be a small change to the letter color choice in the part under the home button that shows the path u took to get to item for sale. Right now the WTB, WTS, WTT,or FREE is in red and the contrast between that and the brown background makes it very very hard for me to see. I.e. I click on a gun that I think is for sale. Start reading through and don't see a price I look there to see if it's listed as WTT only. Can hardly make it out. A simple change would be to make it a bold black instead of a red and I would see it fine. If it's to much work no problem either.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Actually, Ive seen other forums offer different color schemes... Is this not an option? (I never mess with them and haven't looked) Perhaps a high contrast scheme would be helpful to some?

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    As an artist, you'd be pressed to get the red to differentiate from the green by adjusting contrast. Just squint and look at the forum screen to see what I mean. No to mention all your normal windows would be blaring contrast.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I have the same problem seeing them. But I'm not color blind. I just highlight the text, its a minor inconvenience. It would be nice if it were changed to yellow but not a big deal.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    As an artist, you'd be pressed to get the red to differentiate from the green by adjusting contrast. Just squint and look at the forum screen to see what I mean. No to mention all your normal windows would be blaring contrast.

Color temp/saturation/hue should help. :)

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I didn't realize that color blindness only effected INGO?

OP, adjust your monitor settings to a "cooler" setting, and it should give the reds a more purplish coloration that may help you to discern what is what.

If that doesn't work then you may have to resort to hovering over with the mouse as suggested, I was just trying to offer you a fix that may help you elsewhere, but apparently I know nothing about these sorts of things.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Actually, Ive seen other forums offer different color schemes... Is this not an option? (I never mess with them and haven't looked) Perhaps a high contrast scheme would be helpful to some?

Are you saying there are other Forums?? :eek:

donnie1581

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Elwood, IN
    I just looked at what you're talking about and I have to agree that it is hard to see. All the rest of the cookie trail is white except the WTS or WTB part. I don't see why it couldn't be changed.

Wheeler78

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    NWI
    Sorry to bring this from the dead but just haven't heard from a mod on this issue I can't highlight it easy on my iPad (all I use). Simplest fix would be just change it to the same color text seems like a bunch of normal color vision people on here have problems seeing it too... Should everyone change their settings?

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I click on a gun that I think is for sale. Start reading through and don't see a price I look there to see if it's listed as WTT only.

Don't you take note of its WTS/WTT status before you click on the link? Those are easy to see contrasted on the tan background.

I'm not the IT guy so I'm not sure how difficult of a change you are asking for. I know in the past we haven't made the change when requested.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom