• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Amazing you have that much gear tucked away. What are your thoughts on carrying a messenger bag or backpack for some of those items?

Thats the next layer. I use a Maxpedition Fatboy and it really ups my capabilities. In that I can carry water, 2 days of food, more medical supplies, headlamp, spare batteries, water tablets, larger knife or multitool, door stop(s), zip ties, CS or smoke, nomex hood and gloves, goggles, dust mask, monocular, back up compass or even a GPS, map of AO, PVC poncho etc.

Or, I can use the Fatboy to carry 5 AK mags, plus a blowout kit, spare G19 mag, surefire light and a pockt CS or smoke. Combined with a MAK90 underfolder, I now have some serious fighting ability CONUS at least.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Anything Maxpedition = not gray in my neck of the woods. Nice bags though.

The Fatboy ticks out as a geeky manbag or tactical bag a mile away around here. Maybe everyone wears them in some places, and hence they're gray, in those places. Same goes for just about any largish belt pouch - draws attention.

Around here, anything other than a messenger bag or book-bag-type backpack will get noticed (no external MOLLE). The more well worn the better.

Top Bottom