• ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Discussion of getting out of debt before SHTF. Aired on 11/23/09

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDCg5ghG41o"]YouTube - Glenn Beck- Real Solutions With Dave Ramsey (Get out of Debt!)[/ame]

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    I'm working on it. I'm going through a divorce and barely keeping my head above water. I mean barely. I've decided to move back to my home state with family. This will enable me to keep paying my mortgage until my house sells. I'm also going to trade in my 2008 Hyundai for an older used vehicle. Hopefully this will eliminate me having a car payment. After that happens all extra income will go to getting out of credit card debt. After that all extra goes into savings.

My hope is that with in a year I will be able to get another house and have enough saved that I will not have to use credit to purchase the things needed for the house such as appliances and furniture.

I will be paying extra every month toward the house to pay it off sooner.

NO more credit. If I want something I will save until I can buy it outright.

millsusaf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Carmel
    The GF unit and I watched that last night on glennbeckclips.com. She started laughing when I said "Look, both my guys, this is going to be awesome!" hahaha She just laughed at me.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    The mortgage is the only thing I currently owe. Working on Baby Step 3 right now.

Congrats to you, Shay!

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    I started listening to Dave Ramsey a year ago and his plan is great. I am working on increasing the income which is a hard thing in this day adn age without a degree. I prefer to think that I am rich in what matters but having the financial side would be ok too.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    The mortgage is the only thing I currently owe. Working on Baby Step 3 right now.

Congrats to you, Shay!

Thank you very much.

We got serious about debt elimination about 3 years ago and finally paid off everything but our mortgage this month. We started baby step 3 before finishing baby step 2, so we are a little ahead of schedule. It's going to be a bit before we have the full 6 months built up, but we'll get there.

Dave Ramsey's program changes lives and futures.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    unit

The GF unit and I watched that last night on glennbeckclips.com. She started laughing when I said "Look, both my guys, this is going to be awesome!" hahaha She just laughed at me.

you need her to get serious or you need a new G/F unit.

Dave is the best. Glen is no slouch but Dave helps people every day. working on bb step 2. just havin #1 done improved our attitude and allowed us to get ahead on all our bills.

Glock17 Man

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    N. Manchester
    I'm 21 and have owned my home for over 2 years.
    I paid cash for everthing. Never been in DEBT and
    I hope to see more pepole get DEBT FREE.

"There is no practice more dangerous than that of borrowing money;
    for when money can be in this way, repaymeent is seldom thought of in time,
    the interest becomes a loss, exertions to raise it by dent of industry cease,
    it comes easy and is spent freely, and and many things are indulged in that
    would never be thought of if they were to be purchased by the sweat of the brow."

GEORE WASHINGTON

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Thanks for posting this. Me and my wife are still working baby step two, but I think that we are getting our Gazelle intensity! We redid our budget and it really inspired us when we saw the type of traction we can get. I've decided to go FT at UPS after 13 years, so that will really help us kick our debt.

Dave doesn't talk about it, buy I think that having an emergency fund should also include emergency food/water. Yes, it waters down your debt snowball, but it also gives you an insurance in emergencies. Of course in the video, he says that he doesn't have any problems with Glenn's plan. Perhaps Dave is secretly a prepper? He has said that in a situation like Katrina, you'd be better with water, food, generators and guns, but gold would be a waste...

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Working on getting out of debt, but it's getting harder to do right now. Started Jan 1, 2009, but took about a 25% pay cut 31 July. Took a 100% pay cut on 18 November. Eating our emergency fund right now, but about to get back on our feet. We are gazelle intense. God will provide.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    We are gazelle intense.

Don't lose that fire. Apply that intensity to getting a new job and you'll be back on track in no time.

I was out of work for 10 months of the 3 years we were working baby step 2. It wasn't a fun time, but we made it through and kept working toward our goal.

Hustlehard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    Noblesville
    brother found Dave two years ago while trying to find new ways to make money...two years later we're both at the same job, making the same money...but it seems like more...oh yeah, that word NO got incorporated into the vocab, Dave's that guy

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jstan
    Top Bottom