• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    Hey Destro, I guess you will say "Why did she have a broken tail light and an invalid license?" Tail lights and drivers licenses aside, this is complete horse hockey. Does the dooshbag cop not understand that when told NO you cant search that anything found would be inadmissible in court? Oh I guess you will say he was just being overzealous...

Cops like this deserve one thing, a place in the unemployment line.

Gunner

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Does the dooshbag cop not understand that when told NO you cant search that anything found would be inadmissible in court?

"It was done in this instance because it's a possibility that it's a widespread issue in a very large agency and appears to be a major training deficiency," Hill said.
    "I think they needed more than a phone call, which would have indicated that it was limited to a single instance."

If I train you how to put widgets together, and I train you to do it the wrong way, is it fair to fire you for putting them together the way you were instructed and resonably believed was the correct way?

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    "It was done in this instance because it's a possibility that it's a widespread issue in a very large agency and appears to be a major training deficiency," Hill said.
    "I think they needed more than a phone call, which would have indicated that it was limited to a single instance."

If I train you how to put widgets together, and I train you to do it the wrong way, is it fair to fire you for putting them together the way you were instructed and resonably believed was the correct way?

Yes it is, especially in law enforcement, since the police have the ability to completely ruin someone's life over "training deficiencies".

Gunner

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana

So where in the article did you find your quote? Maybe I am blind and cant see it. <FOUND IT> <SECONDARY LINK>

Gunner

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North

If I train you how to protect and serve the public, and I train you to do it the wrong way, is it fair to fire you for intimidating the public, coercing a woman to partially strip along the road side and shake out her undergarments because you were too much of a mindless dog to grasp the basic idea that this isn't how you treat the people who pay you to look out for them?

Yes, it is fair, because you should have known better and if your character is so stained that you do not, then you have no business being entrusted with the powers of modern American law enforcement.

Reasonable people do not order, with threat of violence and/or confinement, for other people to strip and shake out their bra. Reasonable people do not find these acts acceptable.

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    what makes it right for the Widget factory to fire you?

You are attempting to bait an answer about your hypothetical "widget factory" when in reality we are talking about a cop who has the ability to ruin someone's life due to bad training then yes that cop along with whoever trained him should be summarily fired, and be personally responsible for any lawsuit brought against them. This "thin blue line" is total horse hockey also. So, yes, a badly trained cop should be fired even though the THOUGHT they were doing correctly because of bad training. If someone doesnt want to work under those conditions then find another job they can work under.

Gunner

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    what makes it right for the Widget factory to fire you?

What makes it okay is that your judgement was so poor, that when the widget training officer told you the correct way to do your job was to take said widget and shove it up a customers ass, while holding said customer at gun point, you didn't possess the raw intelligence to comprehend this act was unreasonable and wrong.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    You are attempting to bait an answer about your hypothetical "widget factory" when in reality we are talking about a cop who has the ability to ruin someone's life due to bad training then yes that cop along with whoever trained him should be summarily fired, and be personally responsible for any lawsuit brought against them. This "thin blue line" is total horse hockey also. So, yes, a badly trained cop should be fired even though the THOUGHT they were doing correctly because of bad training. If someone doesnt want to work under those conditions then find another job they can work under.

Gunner

There are many other occupations that have the ability to "ruin someones life due to bad training". Dr's, auto mechanics, etc....

From all articles, there seems to be no "thin blue line" in this case.

And if the officer was trained to do this, then he WAS doing his job correctly.

On a personal note, I think the activity was wrong.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    What makes it okay is that your judgement was so poor, that when the widget training officer told you the correct way to do your job was to take said widget and shove it up a customers ass, while holding said customer at gun point, you didn't possess the raw intelligence to comprehend this act was unreasonable and wrong.

My supervisor, trainer, and fellow co workers explained that this is our job. All the workers before me also did this. Im sure somebody created a .ppt as to why this was ok.

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    There are many other occupations that have the ability to "ruin someones life due to bad training". Dr's, auto mechanics, etc....

From all articles, there seems to be no "thin blue line" in this case.

And if the officer was trained to do this, then he WAS doing his job correctly.

On a personal note, I think the activity was wrong.

And how often are Auto Mechanics, Doctors, etc sued PERSONALLY for their own screw-ups? Now compare that to the number of police that are sued personally for their screw-ups. The police get away with murder and they very infrequently answer for what they did.

Gunner

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Then prove me wrong.

That "The police" (as in, ALL police) get away with murder? That all police infrequently answer for what they do? Seriously?

I'm sure there are cases that support certain individual officers getting away with such a thing, but suggesting that they ALL do is ridiculous.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    And how often are Auto Mechanics, Doctors, etc sued PERSONALLY for their own screw-ups? Now compare that to the number of police that are sued personally for their screw-ups. The police get away with murder and they very infrequently answer for what they did.

Gunner

Law enforcement officers can be sued personally just as easily as those other occupations, yet, as you claim they are sued infrequently?

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    That "The police" (as in, ALL police) get away with murder? That all police infrequently answer for what they do? Seriously?

I'm sure there are cases that support certain individual officers getting away with such a thing, but suggesting that they ALL do is ridiculous.

You assumed the "(as in, ALL police)" I didnt say all the police, I said "The Police" you made an assumption.

Gunner

Top Bottom