• ...and so much more!
  • Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    -Saw this on another board

RICHMOND, Va. — It's one thing to dangle fuzzy dice from a rear view mirror, but decorating a trailer hitch with a large pair of rubber testicles might be a bit much in Virginia.

State Del. Lionel Spruill introduced a bill Tuesday to ban displaying replicas of human genitalia on vehicles, calling it a safety issue because it could distract other drivers.

Under his measure, displaying the ornamentation on a motor vehicle would be a misdemeanor punishable by a maximum fine of $250.

He said the idea came from a constituent whose young daughter spotted an example of the trail hitch adornment and asked her father to explain it.

"'I didn't know what to tell her,"' Spruill said the constituent told him before Spruill vowed to stop such displays.

"I said, 'Sir, I'm going to be a laughingstock, but I'm going to do it,"' he said.

The Virginia General Assembly has some experience with offbeat bills. Three years ago, it drew widespread attention with an unsuccessful effort to outlaw baggy pants worn so low they expose underwear.

Spruill, 61, said the indignity of the "droopy drawers" debate wouldn't deter him. He said he won't hesitate to bring a set of $24.95 trailer testicles with him for a legislative show-and-tell.

"I'm going to do it," Spruill told a handful of reporters after Tuesday's House session adjourned. "I'm going to bring them out here and show them to you till they tell me to stop."

465guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2008
    Maybe the law makers should concern themselves with more pressing issues than fake testicles :popcorn2:

indyninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    truck_nutz-2.jpg

indyninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    is he worried about cell phones???????????????????????????

State Del. Lionel Spruill introduced a bill Tuesday to ban displaying replicas of human genitalia on vehicles, calling it a safety issue because it could distract other drivers.

Dave

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    Carmel
    To be honest with you guys I don't appreciate testicles in my face as I drive down the highway. But do I need a law maker banning someone who wants to look like a red neck? No

Windwalker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Must be nice to live in s State like Verginia which has so few problems that their State Legislature has time to debate a bill on fake testicles.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    To be honest with you guys I don't appreciate testicles in my face as I drive down the highway. But do I need a law maker banning someone who wants to look like a red neck? No

I agree. The display is of poor taste and I would not want young kids to see them, but I don't believe legal action is required.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Crazily enough, a senator in Florida has the same idea...
    Testicle bill dangles over legislators - Weird news - MSNBC.com
    Testicle bill dangles over Fla. legislators

Ban on trendy replicas on trucks: Good policy or anti-freedom?

updated 6:57 p.m. ET, Sat., April. 26, 2008
    TALLAHASSEE, Fla. - They're proudly displayed by any self-respecting bull, but dangling big metal ones on the back end of a truck could be banned in Florida.
    Metal replicas of bull testicles have become trendy bumper ornaments in some parts of the Sunshine State, but state Sen. Carey Baker is campaigning to ban the orbs.
    Baker acknowledged that Florida lawmakers have more pressing issues, including huge revenue shortfalls, but said the state needs to draw a line on what's obscene before more objectionable adornments appear.
    State Sen. Steve Geller argued against Baker's bill.
    "I find it shocking that we should be telling people that have the metallic bull testicles ... you're now going to have points on your license for this," said Geller.
    Geller was in the minority. Baker's bill to fine drivers $60 for displaying the ornaments passed the Senate. It's now up to the House, but there's only a slim chance that members of that chamber would pass the measure before the session ends this coming Friday.
    If it were to be passed, Gov. Charlie Crist has not indicated whether he would sign it, although he has not been too critical of this and other not-so-pressing issues.
    "It's good to have some things that maybe aren't quite as serious. Got to have a little levity," the governor said.
    A similar bill in Virginia, aimed at rubber trailer hitch replicas of human genitalia, died in committee this year.
    Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    They're tacky and ugly, but not worth legislating.

Hmmm... I wonder if there's a market for fake boobs for your car?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Well, its already been said, but you cant legislate people from being assholes. Class cannot be purchased or enforced, and I guess its just inevitable that something like this is going to come around. I mean, I laughed the first time I saw them too. But, its not exactly the way I would want to represent myself. It amazes me that people think this is government-worthy. They should have very few jobs, and this does not top the list. Maybe next we can introduce legislation that makes it against the law for legislators to introduce bogus bills. :bash:

hunter480

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Coatesville, In.
    What`s the true shame, is that anyone would even consider putting something like this out in public. I applaud any Government body that would address such idiotic, lewd behavior.

Top Bottom