• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Ok I'm confused, how come the Libs are complaining about needing a picture ID to vote as a restriction to poor people, doesn't the BMV offer FREE picture ID, if you don't drive? Don't you need picture ID to get on welfare, and food stamps, they have no problem getting those! Why shouldn't you prove who you are, and where you live in order to vote!

DustinG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    You need identification for everything these days; even to look at an apartment. The only reason that I can think of is that it seriously hinders voter fraud, which in turn supports one party's platform (I don't think I have to name which party).

random_eyes

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2009
    When first put in place, it discriminated against the elderly. Scenario: you're in your final months of life, haven't needed a driver's license for years, you go to the poll for your final vote, and they won't count it because you don't have any acceptable ID card. Over time, as awareness builds, this should be less of an issue. Seems like the state government could have correlated people who had IDs against people who voted in prior elections to warn them well in advance-- "you won't be able to vote unless you correct this problem."

Gareth

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I can't speak for all Democrats, or Republicans regarding any issue. But I have ascertained that libtards object to any concept that is based on logical thought as opposed to unsubstantiated feelings. ;)

As a law-abiding American citizen, I have no problem with providing a photo ID for inspection before I vote, or whenever a LEO asks me to provide it for that matter. But I would definitely object to being required to provide any other information, such as where I was coming from, and/or where was I going, for example.

I realize the "papers please" requirement is offensive to many American citizens, but it isn't to me as long as it isn't abused by LE.

StarbaseSSD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2008
    Clarksville IN
    Certain religious groups have issues with picture ID, such as the Amish. (graven images, even their dolls are faceless). And the ID is free only if you ask for it for voting purposes: https://myweb.in.gov/BMV/mybmvporta...rmitAndIDCardFees/IdentificationCardFees.aspx , and it wouldn't surprise me that they put "For Voting Purposes Only" on it <sigh> There's a list of 'acceptable documents' for a license to be a 'SecureID' there. Even though I have a passport, current license, and 1 bill, it's not enough. I do cash or debit card for everything else, I do not have other 'computer generated' bills. I know several others who live their lives mostly off the grid (preppers, survivalists, etc) who also can't meet the requirements, yet are productive members of society. <sigh>

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    When first put in place, it discriminated against the elderly. Scenario: you're in your final months of life, haven't needed a driver's license for years, you go to the poll for your final vote, and they won't count it because you don't have any acceptable ID card. Over time, as awareness builds, this should be less of an issue. Seems like the state government could have correlated people who had IDs against people who voted in prior elections to warn them well in advance-- "you won't be able to vote unless you correct this problem."

No discrimination against anyone including the elderly. People can go to the BMV and get a state ID. That is exactly what I did for my father once he was unable to drive. No excuse for not having an ID, unless of course you were born in Kenya and claim to have be born in Hawaii then you might have a problem.

Top Bottom