• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    From Rasmussen Reports:

Voters Turn Negative On All Political Labels Except Reagan - Rasmussen Reports™

"Progressive” is becoming more of a dirty word, but all political labels – except “being like Ronald Reagan” - are falling into disfavor with many U.S. voters, according to a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey.
    “Liberal” is still the worst and remains the only political description that is viewed more negatively than positively. Being like Reagan is still the most positive thing you can say about a candidate.

"Liberal," "Conservative," "Progressive," "Moderate," All these labels are being more negatively and less positively seen by voters. The only thing that remains positive isn't a label, but a description, "being like Reagan."

Look to see candidates engaging in a "blind men and the elephant" comparisons of themselves to Reagan where they find something about Reagan that they can say that they are like--even if it's only that they, too, wear their hair in a kind of swept-back parted on the left style.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    D-reagan-old-school.gif

I remember him well!

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    This must be disinformation being spread. As I remember we were told many times over the last year or two that it was time for the "GOP to get over Reagan". Do a google search, you will find Jeb Bush told us that. You will find one of the current darlings of the GOP, Tim Pawlenty from Minnesota saying it. The country club Republicans have always hated Reagan. They hated it even more that he was so popular. I am sure that this polling stuff will just drive them nuts. Actually it will just further prove to them how ignorant the common people really are for still approving of Reagan and not them.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    The only thing I disagreed with Reagan about was his advocacy of repealing the 22nd Amendment. Even though he had the grace to not come out in support of it until AFTER his terms were ended. Still...

Top Bottom