• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I thinking pretty seriously about voting for Hilary in the primary. Besides adding to the obvious confusion in the Democratic party and highlighting their truly screwed up voting system, I honestly believe we would be better off with her than Obama. The other side of my thinking is that Hilary would be much easier to beat in November.

ADVICE NEEDED here. Please try to talk me out of this.

While I'm doing this I'd like some advice on who I should "fire" on the Democratic side of the state and local elections. (I just this year have moved to Monroe County.)

Let me be clear here also. I am a Republican and will vote as such in November. I would never vote for a Democrat in anything other than a primary election.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Well I think at this point it's obvious that McCain is going to get the Republican nomination.

That being said, Obama scares the hell outta me, and I think he has a chance of winning if November if he gets the nomination so voting for Hillary in the primary kind of makes sense.

On the other hand though, the Indiana primaries just don't have the impact on the nominations as the ones held earlier in the year. Too bad too.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    . . . the Indiana primaries just don't have the impact on the nominations as the ones held earlier in the year. Too bad too.
    This year the Indiana primary is a very important primary for the Democrats. The more votes that Hillary gets, the greater the chance she will stay in the race and take her case to the Super Delegates at the party convention. There is no question that creating confusion for the Democratic party is a good thing for gun owners. While there are many pro-gun Democrats on the local level, the national platform of the party has been very anti-gun over the last few election cycles.

It is not a bad idea to vote in the primary and cast a vote for Hillary. The Indiana primary is projected to be close.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Bw, Im glad you posted this, because just earlier today I wondered the same thing. Hopefully this idea that Hilary would be easier to beat is true. And while I don't think that she is any shining example of honesty, Obama seems like a snake through and through. He'd tell you he was white if he thought it would get your vote. The scary thing is that IU Bloomington has a big buzz going for Obama... I just don't get it. But these are the same students who, yesterday during the Empty Holster Protest, asked me why anyone would need a gun. Oh, I dunno, maybe ask Poland in the late 1930's. But I digress

baldmax

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    North Liberty
    I am voting for Hillary, in the primary. I am just doing my part in Operation Chaos. I live in Starke County, which is 95% Dems any way. I always get funny looks when I vote in the Rep Primary.

AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    Cross over at your own risk:

IC 3-10-1-6
    Eligible voters
    Sec. 6. A voter may vote at a primary election:
    (1) if the voter, at the last general election, voted for a majority of the regular nominees of the political party holding the primary election; or
    (2) if the voter did not vote at the last general election, but intends to vote at the next general election for a majority of the regular nominees of the political party holding the primary election;
    as long as the voter was registered as a voter at the last general election or has registered since then.
    As added by P.L.5-1986, SEC.6.

and

IC 3-10-1-9
    Challenging voter
    Sec. 9. A voter in a precinct may challenge a voter or person who offers to vote at a primary election. The challenged person may not vote unless the challenged person:
    (1) is registered;
    (2) makes: (A) an oral or a written affirmation under IC 3-10-12; or
    (B) an affidavit:
    (i) that the challenged person is a voter of the precinct; or
    (ii) required under IC 3-10-11 if the voter declares that the voter is entitled to vote under IC 3-10-11; and
    (3) either:
    (A) at the last general election voted for a majority of the regular nominees of the political party for whose candidates the challenged person proposes to vote in the primary election and intends to vote for the regular nominees of the political party at the next general election; or
    (B) if the challenged person did not vote at the last general election, intends to vote at the next general election for a majority of the regular nominees of the political party holding the primary election.
    As added by P.L.5-1986, SEC.6. Amended by P.L.17-1993, SEC.9; P.L.12-1995, SEC.62.

:stickpoke:

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    And while I don't think that she is any shining example of honesty, Obama seems like a snake through and through.

Fulle agree. Everyone knows Hillary for the nut that she is. Obama is the same if not worse, but thus far has managed to deceive many by seeming moderate.

Read their issues on their websites. They are pretty similar, but Obama seems worse.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I am voting for Hillary, in the primary :rockwoot:

Operation Chaos, I like that.

I live in Owen County, which is 90% Democrat and the last primary (only) that I've ever voted in was for a Dem so let them challenge away.

DO NOT let these Nay Sayers frighten you from exercising your Right to Vote ;)

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    How do they know?

How are they to know how I voted last time? My votes are private. That's what the curtains are for....

lovemywoods

Cross over at your own risk:

IC 3-10-1-9
    Challenging voter
    Sec. 9. A voter in a precinct may challenge a voter or person who offers to vote at a primary election. The challenged person may not vote unless the challenged person:
    (1) is registered;
    (B) an affidavit:
    (i) that the challenged person is a voter of the precinct; or
    (ii) required under IC 3-10-11 if the voter declares that the voter is entitled to vote under IC 3-10-11; and
    (3) either:
    (A) at the last general election voted for a majority of the regular nominees of the political party for whose candidates the challenged person proposes to vote in the primary election and intends to vote for the regular nominees of the political party at the next general election; or
    (B) if the challenged person did not vote at the last general election, intends to vote at the next general election for a majority of the regular nominees of the political party holding the primary election.
    As added by P.L.5-1986, SEC.6. Amended by P.L.17-1993, SEC.9; P.L.12-1995, SEC.62.

:stickpoke:

AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    How are they to know how I voted last time? My votes are private. That's what the curtains are for....

lovemywoods
    I suppose that if you have voted R for the last 20 years they could challenge you. If challanged they could ask you:

(B) an affidavit:

Just saying

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I suppose that if you have voted R for the last 20 years they could challenge you. If challanged they could ask you:

(B) an affidavit:

Just saying

First of all, thank you for your posts with the info! That's exactly what I was looking for.

The head of the Democratic party for IN is saying pretty much the same thing and "we'll be watching for this." My question is why I couldn't legitimately change my mind to vote for a democrat and then change it again before the national election?

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Aside from this idea being morally bankrupt....

You people do realize that there are anti and pro gun republicans running against each other on the Republican primary this year correct?

This is much bigger than 'just a presidential primary'.

I won't be voting dem because there is a huge stake here in NW Indiana the (EBR)gun grabber Levya is running against a very pro gun Charles Barman.

This is a Congressional seat and Barman has a shot at knocking out visclosky if he gets the republican nomination. Levya's lost twice in a row now. Other primary issues are in the works too.

FWIW if you are voting democrat in the lake county please vote for DuPey for county council... she was one of the few dems to vote AGAINST the county income tax.

People to vote for in NW Indiana:
    R- Charles Barman congress
    R- Bill Johnson -dist 19 state (super progun, wants VT style carry laws and repeal of property taxes)
    R- Shawn Olsen - Porter county district state
    D- Dupey (Fran I think) - Lake county council

NEOCON

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Warrick county
    I will be participating in "operation chaos" and voting for a (man it hurts to even type it) Clinton. I really believe obama lamma ding dong is really and truely evil. Not because he is black but because he of his past and present associates.
    The longer the democratic primary drags on the more dirt they sling at each other and bring issues out into the open. It is obvious that McCain will not sling any dirt to even defend himself.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

You people do realize that there are anti and pro gun republicans running against each other on the Republican primary this year correct?

I won't be voting dem because there is a huge stake here in NW Indiana the (EBR)gun grabber Levya is running against a very pro gun Charles Barman.

This is a Congressional seat and Barman has a shot at knocking out visclosky if he gets the republican nomination. Levya's lost twice in a row now. Other primary issues are in the works too.

FWIW if you are voting democrat in the lake county please vote for DuPey for county council... she was one of the few dems to vote AGAINST the county income tax.

R- Bill Johnson -dist 19 state (super progun, wants VT style carry laws and repeal of property taxes)

Thanks for the info. Great rundown for your area.
    If I were where you are, I'd have to do the same. However, I'm in southern IN. I'm hoping someone will chime in about any anti gun Republicans running, but I seriously doubt there is.

I would disagree with the morally bankrupt categorization. I feel it's more of a strategic move to influence a better outcome.

Oh and, your welcome, from those of us that can do this to help the bigger cause.

skigun75

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Indiana

First, the R's have put together a bunch of jags to fight it out with each other before the winner battles Visclosky. The saying from "Dumb and Dumber" comes to mind. "Your chances are one in a Million". Republicans reply as Lloyd "So you're sayin I got a chance...."

Mr. Visclosky will soundly whoop the crap out of any or all of those jokers. He may have actually put some of them up to it; his own Operation Kaos. A Republican could run against Saddam Hussein in NWI and lose.

I am going to continue exploiting my bankrupt morals and vote D. I have voted D in the past, for local elections, frankly because voting R is a waste of a vote. How many local NWI politicians have gone from R to D, just to get elected? Lots.

And, your town/city is probably running out of money right now because those idiots didn't vote for a county income tax. So, now I pay high property taxes in Lake Co and pay my income tax in Porter b/c I work there. I feel like the punch whore...taking it both ways.

Anyway, vote for the C and really f... with the Dems.

My $0.02

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    And, your town/city is probably running out of money right now because those idiots didn't vote for a county income tax. So, now I pay high property taxes in Lake Co and pay my income tax in Porter b/c I work there. I feel like the punch whore...taking it both ways.

Anyway, vote for the C and really f... with the Dems.

My $0.02

From that paragraph it's clear you are a democrat. You support more taxes. Not exactly a conservative platform there bub.

Lake county has never had a income tax before and somehow we need one now? Somehow you think that a Lake county income tax will cause them to lower property taxes? :lmfao: What have you been smoking?

The answer is less taxes and less spending. Not more.

Either you just moved here or you've been living under a rock, the higher property taxes debacle is a offshoot of the Indiana Supreme court ruling they had to screw everyone equally.

Don't like the high taxes here? DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! Join the tax payers groups here in NW Indiana fighting to not just reduce property taxes but ultimately REPEAL property taxes. Where exactly do you think the property tax caps that are going into effect came from?

Instead you just running around screaming for more taxes...:runaway: whats up with that?

Groups:
    Hoosiers For Fair Taxation
    TEAM HAMMOND TAXPAYERS' GROUP
    and UNhappy Taxpayers:
    Bill Johnson, Republican Candidate for Indiana House of Representatives, District 19

skigun75

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Indiana
    From that paragraph it's clear you are a democrat. You support more taxes. Not exactly a conservative platform there bub.

Lake county has never had a income tax before and somehow we need one now? Somehow you think that a Lake county income tax will cause them to lower property taxes? :lmfao: What have you been smoking?

The answer is less taxes and less spending. Not more.

Either you just moved here or you've been living under a rock, the higher property taxes debacle is a offshoot of the Indiana Supreme court ruling they had to screw everyone equally.

Don't like the high taxes here? DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! Join the tax payers groups here in NW Indiana fighting to not just reduce property taxes but ultimately REPEAL property taxes. Where exactly do you think the property tax caps that are going into effect came from?

Instead you just running around screaming for more taxes...:runaway: whats up with that?

Groups:
    Hoosiers For Fair Taxation
    TEAM HAMMOND TAXPAYERS' GROUP
    and UNhappy Taxpayers:
    Bill Johnson, Republican Candidate for Indiana House of Representatives, District 19

Were you reading the same paragraph that I wrote? What part of "taking it like a punch whore" sounds like I am happy with the situation?

And I wrote like that based on the obvious venom with which you wrote your original post. From the venom I assumed you knew what you were talking about. Apparantly I was mistaken. The property tax problem is not the Supreme Court's fault. I support the county income tax because 1- i am already paying it in Porter county, which doesnt help me any, living in Lake county. 2 - the STATE legislature told Lake and Delaware (I think) counties to enact a county income tax or have the levy's frozen. (Levy is the money returned to the county/municipality for use by the entity. Basically, the budgeted amount.) So, Lake county politicians didn't want to be told what to do in their county, so they didn't enact an income tax and is now the only county in the state without one. And the only county with a frozen levy. Which, again, a quick look at my first post would have shown that I am against. (See #1) The county option income tax was supposed to be a property tax reliever. Which would help me, obviously.

The sole point of your post that makes any sense to me is "less taxes and less spending"

And where are you going to fund the school system with no property taxes? You have read your Indiana Constitution? Education is guaranteed to everyone.

So, my advise for next time, read the post before you respond and if you don't understand something, do a little research. You have the internet. Then you can avoid spouting off and making rude comments that just reveal you as a douche.

Top Bottom