Wait Times - Beating a dead horse, I know!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JOLLYKART

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Mooresville
    I remember my first form sent off to the BATFE, how I would check practically weekly for my stamp in the mail, then I sent off another and though still excited did not bug the information line much, now after many, many forms sent in, I just set a reminder date on my computer of the date I thought it should be back by.

Today marks 60 days past when I expected the paperwork back, so I called. Guess the wait time is now about one year to the day they give as you as a " Pending " date.

I have a trust, been a very good boy, pay my taxes only to be told, not yet. I can't help but think this is our current administrations attempt at gun control they can actually effect.

This now makes me think long and hard about my next purchase (a sear) which will tie up a large (small to some folk) amount of cash. Do I wait? Waiting could be good, if everybody is getting shafted and frustrated with the system, this could drive the prices down, could lower the demand for and already low supply. Ya, probably not!

-Or-

Live with it.

Just needed to vent!

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    It's always tricky to guess this stuff. Trending is showing 6 months, but then again, it's all efiles coming back that fast and not paper. I submitted a paper form 4 in November. If it had been efiled, I might have had it already, but instead, I might not get it back until October.

ChartImg.axd

gopurdue02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    I called last week and talked to an examiner and she told me thy just sent out 13 acceptance letters to new hires pending background checks. However, the bigger bottle neck theses days is the FBI doing the finger-printing check. Of course trust will go faster (for now) because that is not a requirement. I've been waiting on my for a year now and she seemed to indicate it may be done this week for my SBR. Timing couldn't work out better because we will be moving to Noblesville in a few months from Indy.

JOLLYKART

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Mooresville
    Just wanted to update this post; Yesterday I received my stamp. Signed May 23rd 2014. Perhaps my inquiry got it moving or the young lady that took my call just wanted to let me know who was in charge. Either way - I am Stamped.....

1371MARINE

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    The Region
    I think that this process should be handled by the people, not the government. this kind of bull**** pisses me off!! Under contract it's.... "grab your M60 and charge that hill Marine" But become a civilian again and it's... "bend over and wait in line like the rest of the pee ons" Just had to vent

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    The process is archaic and dreadfully slow to discourage ownership. I don't know how many times someone has looked at one of my suppressors or SBR's and said "I'd love to have one, but _________" about wait times or the process.

Axxium

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I bought 3 suppressors, 2 in March (a sparrow and a Tirant 9) and 1 in April (an Osprey 45). All of them are waiting for efile to come back online for form 4. I decided to wait for efile and take the chance of a 6 month turn around vs submit paper and wait 12+ months. Has anyone heard when efile is coming back online?

30calmachinegunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Westfield
    I bought 3 suppressors, 2 in March (a sparrow and a Tirant 9) and 1 in April (an Osprey 45). All of them are waiting for efile to come back online for form 4. I decided to wait for efile and take the chance of a 6 month turn around vs submit paper and wait 12+ months. Has anyone heard when efile is coming back online?
    I got a laugh out this. :dunno:

Win52C

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Lawrence County

Ummm yah. You might wanna get the paper going.....

Force10

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2014
    Franklin County
    So to those more experienced at this than I... I sent in my paperwork last week, it arrived 6/4 and the check was cashed 6/6. Should I get excited or is this SOP? It is through a trust.

Force10

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2014
    Franklin County
    I got pretty excited when I a trust supressor back in only eight months.

Yeah, I know the wait is long... By "excited" I meant "Is a two day turnaround to cash a check better than it has been recently?" :) It's the little things that matter...

Do you know about how long it took for your stamp to go pending once the check had been cashed?

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    LOL, it's not because the 'system is archaic'. It's not like there's one haggard little old lady at a desk with a half-working light bulb, sitting in a Pentagon-sized warehouse full of NFA applications. :lmfao:

There's absolutely no way, with modern technology and techniques that it should, even could, take 6 months+ to process an application. They'll always use that 'we're understaffed' or 'waiting on information from...' baloney.

The long times are because they do NOT want citizens having these items, so they make it as difficult as they can for you to obtain one.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom