• ...and so much more!
  • tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Sitrep Lafayette Rd. Walmart Supercenter, 8/15/15, 10:30 PM:

There's was a white van with a Sheriff's star on the door, parked right on the curb when we arrived. I had to return to our car and followed a brown-uniformed deputy in. He had a ton of gear on his belt. The place was still very busy. Lots of large families with their kids in tow. Lots of kids running wild, too. The store looked like a bomb had hit it, including a very wet deck in the men's room. If people decide they don't want something after all, they just drop it wherever. I had to stop myself from compulsively squaring away some inventory in Men's Wear. They were stocking shelves in the Home department--one employee appeared to be training the other. Everyone was pleasant and helpful.

Cary's OC may has well been invisible. Nobody even gave it a second look (at least not that we noticed). No "Mommy! A gun!" (or five-year-old girls trying to snatch it out of the holster).

It's a great time of year to be buying short-sleeved, oversized wicking shirts to CC under... $7 each? Are you kidding? Yeah, I'll take about eight of 'em :rockwoot:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Oh, and OBESITY, RAMPANT OBESITY... I need to lose a few pounds but wow...

Given the location, were any of these people carrying sticks, canes, or bats to fight off little vandals trying to spray-paint "Goodyear" up their sides on account of resembling the blimp?

Punkinhead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    Simple solution is for Walmart to invite the Oath Keepers in to police the store. When you have a problem with inbred, low class morons you need to fight fire with fire.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Walmart says they have now hired off duty police officers to patrol the store, and will be handling low-level shoplifting incidents "in house" instead of calling police (according to WTHR this morning).

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Off-duty officers working security have been in play since the Great Shampoo Smackdown of 2015, at the BG Wal-Mart and the neighborhood markets.

I have a solution, but turning every WM into the equivalent of a FOB for Private Military Contractors is probably not the environment people want, in addition to being a sad testament to our perilous road to making "Idiocracy" a reality.

What's that old chestnut? "Nuke it from orbit?"

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Beech grove and being a "Grover" used to be something special. It meant you were not part of the big bad place known as Indianapolis. You were in a hidden gem of a place that still had the small town feel or as much of it you can get from a city. In the last few years it's slid downhill. It's obvious why to those who live there. Time to start shining the spotlight on riffraff in the area. Criminals don't like to be in the light.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    The BG Wally is a cake walk.
    The one up the road from us is shut down at night. Not a 24 hour store.

Hahahahaha... That's like the 7-11's in the gettos that are not 24-7-365
    They still are only open from 7 to 11

Maybe they should just close BG Walmart and let it become yet another Jade Helm Walmart. :koolaid: :sheep: :koolaid: :sheep:

Last edited:

cromus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Beech grove and being a "Grover" used to be something special. It meant you were not part of the big bad place known as Indianapolis. You were in a hidden gem of a place that still had the small town feel or as much of it you can get from a city. In the last few years it's slid downhill. It's obvious why to those who live there. Time to start shining the spotlight on riffraff in the area. Criminals don't like to be in the light.

There's a really interesting post on the indianapolis subreddit from a person that lived in Beech Grove. It discusses their perspective on how the community currently was behaving. I'm not sure the rules on sharing a link to something like reddit, but it was pretty interesting.

I grew up in Beech Grove during grade school and junior high. It always seemed to be a nice community and I never felt unsafe. I don't live there anymore so it does sadden me when I see reports that the situation has grown worse.

Peter Potamus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I was in the Beech Grove Walmart about 45 minutes ago. 2 uniformed in the parking lot and 4 (that I saw) inside. Who knows how many plain clothes. They usually have 1 shrinkage control person (aka the "Greeter") at each entrance but they now have 2 at each. It's visibly a stronger presence than 3+ months ago. I have no interest in being there after dark but must assume the coverage in the evening hours will be at least as visible.

Top Bottom