Walgreens Out of California Contract Renewal Due To Decision to Stop Selling Abortion Pills.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Corporations are about to get what is coming to them for getting their nose in politics too deep and all this woke crap they virtue signal over. (Don’t know if Walgreens is woke or not, but probably.). Because 20 state AG’s sued them they quit selling abortion pills, now Newsom in California is threatening to cut them out of state business because they followed the law in 20 other states. This is the proverbial rock and hard place.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Corporations are about to get what is coming to them for getting their nose in politics too deep and all this woke crap they virtue signal over. (Don’t know if Walgreens is woke or not, but probably.). Because 20 state AG’s sued them they quit selling abortion pills, now Newsom in California is threatening to cut them out of state business because they followed the law in 20 other states. This is the proverbial rock and hard place.

Wait, so being anti-abortion is "woke" now? :scratch:

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I am clueless as to what business California engages with Walgreens. Does the State government's boycott of Walgreens have any real weight?

State Employees of California have Blue Cross, Anthem, and United Health care insurance. Seems like newsom does not actually have control of as big of stick as he alludes.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    I am clueless as to what business California engages with Walgreens. Does the State government's boycott of Walgreens have any real weight?

State Employees of California have Blue Cross, Anthem, and United Health care insurance. Seems like newsom does not actually have control of as big of stick as he alludes.
    Medicaid, probably. They can take Walgreens off the list of "in network" providers for the I believe it's called "CalCare" medicaid program

Reactions: Leo

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Wait, so being anti-abortion is "woke" now? :scratch:
    Please reread the post after you wake up more. LOL

My main point is corporations have virtue signaled and gotten themselves involved in things they should not be involved in and are now going to get shot at from both sides. I specifically said:

Don’t know if Walgreens is woke or not, but probably.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Please reread the post after you wake up more. LOL

My main point is corporations have virtue signaled and gotten themselves involved in things they should not be involved in and are now going to get shot at from both sides. I specifically said:
    I know what you said... "but probably". I interpreted that as you thought Walgreen's was probably woke. I wondered how refusing to sell the abortion drug (being anti-abortion) would make you think that they're probably woke. I'd think it would make them the opposite.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I know what you said... "but probably". I interpreted that as you thought Walgreen's was probably woke. I wondered how refusing to sell the abortion drug (being anti-abortion) would make you think that they're probably woke. I'd think it would make them the opposite.
    I would be shocked if Walgreen's was not woke, particularly on vaccine issues…

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Newsom wants to punish a corporation for following the law in other states, because the laws in those other states are different than the one he is Governor of.

What about the people in his own state that use Walgreens because it is convenient for them? Just find somewhere else so that he can do his virtue signaling?

Walgreens isn't the extremist here.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom