Wallhanger guns, what do you have hanging up?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    WWIIRiflesInRackWithBayonets_zpsb53b3521.jpg

Dayuuuum.......

ars

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    Zionsville
    I have an old Crescent double barrel 10 gauge shotgun with a Damascus barrel. My dad won the gun in a card game in the 60's.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    I don't do this.

Everyone periodically has to admit strangers to their home, such as tradesmen about whom you know nothing. I have nothing displayed to indicate that I'm a gun owner. A casual remark to the wrong person about the guy with the guns on his wall can bring you unwelcome visitors.

I also have no firearms related bumper stickers on my car for the same reason.

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    I don't do this.

Everyone periodically has to admit strangers to their home, such as tradesmen about whom you know nothing. I have nothing displayed to indicate that I'm a gun owner. A casual remark to the wrong person about the guy with the guns on his wall can bring you unwelcome visitors.

I too have no bumper stickers on my car to indicate there might be a firearm inside.

The man cave is well secured when not being occupied by myself or the watch cat.

The watch cat says: "I pity the fool..."

CTDBrit303-01DadLookWhatCame_zps1fbe59af.jpg

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I don't do this.

If I had such people coming over I would just take them off the wall.

Nobody comes in my home without my permission so there would be time to take them off.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    While I agree with your logic on not hanging things. I don't hang anything where prying eyes can see, however when the cable guy comes over and sees a cache of ammo, a reloader, and parts laying strewn all over my basement he's gonna figure out what I do on my free time. My cable guy seemed impressed... ;)
    I have an old Turk Mauser on display. Nothing that would hang out and about would be a high value target for a thief.

DWS

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    Sheridan
    Great Grandfathers Ithaca Hammerless. I would have loved to been a "bird in the woods" when it blew up. The stories I've heard of him means there would have been some colorful words being thrown around...

Just moved the living room around a few months ago and am planning on putting this up soon...

Last edited:

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Great Grandfathers Ithaca Hammerless. I would have loved to been a "bird in the woods" when it blew up. The stories I've heard of him means there would have been some colorful words being thrown around...

I gots to know..... what caused it to rupture like that...?????

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    If I recall correctly this ole' Ithaca has short 2-1/2" Chambers and a 2-3/4 was dropped in by accident by the old man and BOOM.

Wow, when you see crap like that you do realize there is a God and he looks out for Small Children

Joe walters

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2016
    Madison
    1859 c.sharps pepperbox .22.
    My wife's grandfather found it under main st. Madison indiana back in the 60s. I made a shadowbox for it with a picture and info that goes with the gun.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have what will someday be a hanger, but I want to make 100% sure it's inoperable before I do.
    It's a SXS 12ga made by the "Compeer Gun Company" from Indianapolis Indiana.

It's in very poor shape as far as lock-up, and I fear terribly unsafe to shoot in it's current condition.
    I don't think it's worth restoring to operating conditions, and I don't want someone loading it accidently.

IUprof

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Fort Worth
    I have a old Red Ryder BB gun, a percussion double barrel shotgun (bought from INGOer) and a single barrel percussion shotgun I found at an antique store in Bloomington.

Top Bottom