• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Reeserx

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Kokomo, in
    I was in the Kokomo Walmart this evening about 9pm And all they had was shotgun ammo..I started talking to the fellow working and he said people line up to buy all the ammo..some days they get a lot some days they don't, he said last night (Saturday) they got 5 boxs of 38 ammo and that was it and people still line up like it's Black Friday, I've been looking for 40 ammo and can not find it anywhere, I got personal protection but would like target rounds, if anyone has any leads near Kokomo that'd be awesome!

kman1977

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Tried checking the local Walmarts this morning for 9mm and .223 ammo and nothing came up. And I don't mean it was all out of stock. That is what I expect. Nothing came up no Federal, no American Eagle, no Remington, no Tula, no 9mm, no .223. It was like they stopped carrying it. It came up yesterday morning with the same search I did this morning. anyone else having this problem or is it my computer skills. (Always a distinct possibility)
    I thought it was my computer or something yesterday also because the search wasn't working properly on the Walmart Website
    Thank you for confirming this. I will say this about their search and inventory status on the website ---- it was not always very accurate. I have looked on line and have seen ammo that showed "in stock" and driven over to the store only to find out that it was all sold out. I did stop in about 5 days ago looking for 45acp and they were out, I asked the guy working in the ammo dept if he knew when they may get some more and he said that evening the truck had 45acp on it ( he was very positive about this ). So I went back the next morning on the way to work and sure enough there were 3 boxes left of 45acp. So I was able to get the last 3 boxes which was the limit anyways.
    Now that you can't search on their website I guess it will be hit or miss on ammo when I stop in walmart to get toilet paper and dog treats.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Reeserx,

If you're looking for factory 40 cal. ammo - as of this past Sunday I know where there are four cases at non-jacked up prices located in the Indianapolis area. I don't know how to send you a p.m. - if you want to return one to me I'll give you my contact info or vic versa and provide the info. This was Federal - not sure of the bullet weight. I didn't check closely as I don't have a 40. Perhaps an email might be best- amboy49@msn.com

Amboy49

kevinsr98

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   1
    Feb 12, 2011
    Score! Was at Walmart last night around 7:30pm looking at the empty .22lr shelf when I heard an employee conversation. "Got some ammo that just came off the truck, I'll bring it out for you"

The guy brought out one box. He opened it and inside was ten Federal 550 bulk packs of .22lr. Yee haw!! Haven't seen any in over a month (and I have been looking)

Bought my 3 box limit. Went back this morning and there were two left on the shelf. Got them for a buddy! :rockwoot: I hope this means things may be loosing up a little on the ammo....

Breed0930

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    Franklin, IN
    I was able to score some .22 LR 550ct and some .45 100ct at my wally last night around 10pm. Been looking for some .40 and haven't seen any either. Both the .22LR and .45 were federal rounds. I think the best time to go is at night since they get a GM truck once a day, and stock after 9pm. Im on vacation all week and will be stopping in every night!

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    At the Wallsmart in Crawfordsville last night they actually had a few Winchester 100 round boxes of 380 and they only wanted $35 a box for them.. Crazy..

They had nothing but 22 shorts, no 9mm, no .40, no .45 no 223/5.56, no 308...

It's getting real slim..

TJ

EnochRoot43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Anderson
    Might be too late to help, but E. Washington Walmart had 7.62x39, .45, .9mm (1 UMC 250rd box!), some federal, some WWB, and TulAmmo.

Good luck shooters!

(This was at approx 7:30pm tonight..)

EnochRoot43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Anderson
    A reasonable person would think that you could order online and pick up at the store,just like other merchandise.

The problem with that, Winner, is what if you ordered online, a few moments after I physically entered the store. Who's order should take precedence? I might have had to wait at the ammo cage for 5 (or more!) minutes before I am assisted, if you pay online in that time frame is it yours "fair and square"?

These kind of issues are why we have both brick and mortar stores as well as online only stores. If you camp on enough sites, you might have about as much luck as those of us who compulsively pull into a big box or LGS parking lot whenever we go that direction.

I might recon a walmart 2-3 times a week, myself...and always came up short until the past 4 days. Since Friday, have found or seen 9mm 50/100/250rd boxes for 10.60?, $24, ~$66; and 7.62 TulAmmo for >$6/20rd.

No .22lr bulk though.

fdbc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Westfield
    Stopped in the Walmart on the way home early and found the large boxes of 250 rounds. They only had four boxes, I got three boxes of 9mm for 63 per box. Should work great at the range this weekend.

Top Bottom