• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    Since when does walmart have a Ammo List behind the counter?

I went last night to Monticello Walmart and they just dropped a pallet off the truck in the sporting goods aisle, and it had ammo on it. The stock guy pulled out three boxes for me and said he would get someone to ring me up.
    A few minutes later a young kid shows up, and asks where I got the ammo. I told him a couple of the stock guys pulled it off the pallet for me.
    He looked shaken and was aggrivated and acted for a minute like he could not sell it to me. I told him if it was going to get anyone in trouble just let it go.
    Then he reaches under the counter and picks up a clip board with about five sheets on it. He ask if I was on the list. I ask what list? He says we have a list we have to go by. There were tons of names on it, some scratched out some not. Had dates everything.
    At this point I am getting a little upset.
    I asked him if the list was for ammo flippers or people who were on reserve. I said I did not realize Walmart had a waiting list for ammo. Then ask him if that was why it is rarely on the shelves?
    All the sudden he has a change of heart and tells me he will sell it to me.
    I kept asking him about it the whole time I was checking out, and he would not answer anything about the clipboard, just kept telling me he would sell it to me, not to worry about it.
    I was glad to get the ammo, and sorry if it was "dedicated " to some one on here..but guess I did not realize they had this list behind the counter.
    Honestly I was pretty aggrivated by the time I left.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I was up that way on Friday and thought about stopping into that Walmart. It wouldn't surprise me if some unscrupulous dept managers have negotiated a "list" with some buddies or other reselling 3rd parties.

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    Sounds fishy to me. I bet Walmart corporate knows nothing a out this. It is probably a list of "buddies" or a list of ammo flippers they have some sort of deal with, such as profit sharing.
    IMO

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    I was up that way on Friday and thought about stopping into that Walmart. It wouldn't surprise me if some unscrupulous dept managers have negotiated a "list" with some buddies or other reselling 3rd parties.

That has to be what is going on. The list was big, and he clearly did not want to sell it to me.
    To top ithey t off the floor scrubber guy came by as I am standing there waiting on the kid to ring me up and accused me of going through the pallet. I told him I did not do that, but I saw the ammo on the pallet and the stock guys were happy to get it for me. He was not happy at all that did that either.
    This kid showed me the list and it had names, type of ammo, phone numbers, the whole thing.
    I was just passing through and felt lucky to find it and get help from the stock guys, they even did a price check on it for me. The kid behind the counter not so much.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Hey, but you know what all the wise guys here on INGO say, it's just "free market" and you should have been better prepared for the crunch.

Meh. Corporate won't care.

nm0369

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Indy Southside
    I'd write a letter to corporate, and explain the shady list situation going on at that store. Dealing with the ammo flippers/zombies is bad enough when they aren't getting help from the employees...

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I'm sure more stores are doing this beneath corporates nose. Time for the letters and phone calls to start I'm sure if this got out to the public walmarts stock would drop and all the profiteers would be upset they would lose money and fix it fast before it got out.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Interesting story. If true as depicted, the management of the store would be in on it I'm afraid, so it probably wouldn't do any good to go there. But I would be interested if the regional or corp. management approve of this.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Talked to a coworker the other day and he said that Walmart had a waiting list.

INGOers ***** when there's no list and the "flippers" camp out to buy it to resell.

INGOers ***** when there's a waiting list to try and give everyone who camp out at the ammo counter a chance to buy ammo.

Maybe INGOers need to take some responsibilty for their lack of preparation and quit acting as though evil Walmart is depriving them of something they think they're entitled to. The margins Walmart makes on ammo can't possibly be worth the time they spend listening to *****ing customers wanting to know when the ammo is going to be there. As if Walmart is buying every single round manufactured and warehousing it somewhere so papaw can't take junior out to shoot.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Back in, probably about January, Big R had a big sale on ammo. Of course they sold out quickly, and I missed out. They put me on a call list. I never got a call. A couple weeks ago, I was in Wal-mart and the lady behind the counter said they had 9mm ammo a couple days before. I keep missing it and have been forced to buy ammo off the internet and pay the big shipping costs.

DocHoliday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    I've noticed that the weekend crew, including managers, have no clue what's going on. I've seen them just bring one box out or even keep all of the ammo in the back until the weekday crew shows up. Also, the manager doesn't even know that they lock up the ammo now. He always says its on the floor. I try to avoid the weekends.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008

INGOers ***** when there's no list and the "flippers" camp out to buy it to resell.

INGOers ***** when there's a waiting list to try and give everyone who camp out at the ammo counter a chance to buy ammo.

Maybe INGOers need to take some responsibilty for their lack of preparation and quit acting as though evil Walmart is depriving them of something they think they're entitled to. The margins Walmart makes on ammo can't possibly be worth the time they spend listening to *****ing customers wanting to know when the ammo is going to be there. As if Walmart is buying every single round manufactured and warehousing it somewhere so papaw can't take junior out to shoot.

If there were no ammo flippers / profiteers there would be no ammo shortage. We are our own wost enemy. Greed the new God for a new generation.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    If there were no ammo flippers / profiteers there would be no ammo shortage. We are our own wost enemy. Greed the new God for a new generation.

Howsabout we REALLY let the free market work and cut out Walmart AND the flippers. Direct sales from manufacturer to consumer?

Then it's simply a matter of placing an order online, and when the stuff is available, it's shipped to you. No reward for camping out at 6 am, or tipping the stockers.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Howsabout we REALLY let the free market work and cut out Walmart AND the flippers. Direct sales from manufacturer to consumer?

Then it's simply a matter of placing an order online, and when the stuff is available, it's shipped to you. No reward for camping out at 6 am, or tipping the stockers.

Now that sounds like a plan to me.

Hoarders. You forgot hoarders.

I don't want to use the term hoarder. That might include me as well. Seeing as I have plenty of ammo. I guess all those years in the boy scouts pays off now, always be prepared.

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.

I do not recall saying anything about not being prepared, or irresponsible in not being prepared.... and I rarely buy from Walmart! I just happened to walk in when it came in.
    My local shop is so far better priced and better stocked there is no need for me to camp out at Walmart. I just thought it kind of odd that they had a waiting list, and think that because they do, it just adds to some of the availability at Walmart. I flat out told the kid that I would not buy it if it would cause an issue of any kind.

Trust me, I am in no way wanting for anything.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Now that sounds like a plan to me.

I don't want to use the term hoarder. That might include me as well. Seeing as I have plenty of ammo. I guess all those years in the boy scouts pays off now, always be prepared.

A guy buying ammo to resell is not taking ammo out of the marketplace. You make not like their price but its available. Guys who buy it to put in their closets or blast it off as fast as they can get it do take ammo out of the marketplace.

Top Bottom